Help! I Need Some Big Boots to Fill!

Started by imnofish, December 25, 2013, 10:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Okay guys, here's my dilemma:  As I've aged, my feet got wider.  Now, I can't seem to find pac boots that won't cause painful foot injuries, due to chafing of my pinky toes.  So far, all I can find is boots in a D width.  What I need are boots that are EE or maybe even EEE, rated for at least -100F, durable, and waterproof.  Ice fishing and snow removal is pure agony, without comfy feet.  Can any of you guys suggest a good boot to meet my needs? 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

littleguy301

I have those pesky wide feet also.

For my ice fishing/snow removal needs I bought a set of Rockys and I love them. Though they are a tick tight they are the ones that have worked the best for me.

I will say that my Rockys are more of a work boot than a pac boot but those stinkers are nice a warm.

I still have a set of "Ice Kings" made by LaCrosse, a true pac boot but I dont wear them to often because there is not much support of my feet and with Planter Facistius? I need the support but in those 12 inch snow falls they work good also.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

My uncle has wide feet and he found some mickey mouse boots for $60.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on December 26, 2013, 07:13:07 AM

Are those the military surplus boots, or the Disney surplus boots?   ;D

bigG

Quote from: imnofish on December 26, 2013, 12:51:45 PM

Cute name, great boot. Those suckers are warm and H2O resistant.

I can't recommend Mickey Mouse gloves. More like a three-fingered mitten.  :)

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on December 26, 2013, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: imnofish on December 26, 2013, 12:51:45 PM

Cute name, great boot. Those suckers are warm and H2O resistant.

I can't recommend Mickey Mouse gloves. More like a three-fingered mitten.  :)

Guess I'll have to check them out.  Saw them mentioned on an ice fishing website, too.  Wonder if they'll match my Mickey Mouse ears (hat)....

imnofish

Thanks for the suggestion.  As "luk" would have it, I recently found a pair of "bunny boots" (the arctic version of the Mickey Mouse boots) at a military surplus store for $80.  Did a bunch of snowplowing and 4 wheeling in them the other day; my feet stayed very warm and I had plenty of "wiggle room" for my wide feet.  They are ugly as can be, but I'm not worried about looking fashionable out there.  Looking forward to some better weather, so I can take them out on the lake. 

bigG

They are warm and dry. Who cares if ya got cute little bunny boots on. Adorable little white booties. Awwww! ;)

bigG

I was just watching a show about a guy who raises sled dogs in Alaska. Guess what he was wearing the whole time? LOL!

smitty71

Quote from: bigG on January 07, 2014, 02:38:35 PM
They are warm and dry. Who cares if ya got cute little bunny boots on. Adorable little white booties. Awwww! ;)

They come in black, also.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/new-us-mickey-boots-with-valve-black.aspx?a=591923
What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

imnofish

Quote from: smitty71 on January 07, 2014, 04:30:10 PM
Quote from: bigG on January 07, 2014, 02:38:35 PM

They come in black, also.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/new-us-mickey-boots-with-valve-black.aspx?a=591923

Yeah, the black ones (Mickey Mouse) are warm as well, but the white ones (Bunny Boots) were designed for Arctic environments.  The nicknames came from the troops who used them; specifically, the "Bunny Boots" were named for the snowshoe rabbits because of the white feet they get as they begin to change over to their white winter coats.  As for the idea of cute LITTLE boots, these things are anything but that.  Those suckers look like big white clown shoes!   :o  But, hey, I'm a fashionable type of guy, so maybe the fact that I'm wearing them will inspire a new fad.   ;)

bigG

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 07, 2014, 05:08:35 PM
I don't care what color. Good boot.

The other day, I plowed my driveway in the bitter cold; then plowed my father's, which required a 2 mile round trip on my ATV.  I also had porches and sidewalks to shovel at both locations.  Bottom line, I spent a couple of hours out in the cold and my feet were toasty warm, without blisters.  I was lucky to find the ONE pair in the county that was my size, which cost me $80.