Author Topic: Wisconsin Wrestling Challenge Series 2015  (Read 57135 times)

Offline padre

• Brain Damage
Re: Wisconsin Wrestling Challenge Series 2015
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »
I applaud the efforts of the WWCA to change things and take our JV kids a step further. This is a tough idea to implement. My issue isn't with the idea at all.

We were asked to run the regional. I said no. There has to be some safeguards in place and some more locking down of what is really going to happen.

There is enough time to get things figured out before 2015 to get a system in place, so I have confidence that it'll be a more refined idea when it actually happens.

Agreed.  Contracts sent out many months ago.  I love the idea but need a bit more information on how many dates this takes up for a kid....if we need someone at team sectionals or a fill-in for regionals we don't want to find out we did something illegal.

If the information is sent out for next year we can accommodate our teams to these dates.

That being said, I like the idea and think it could help keep kids out who cannot crack the varsity line-up.

Offline Jim Shoe

• Speak to Me
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »
I applaud the efforts of the WWCA to change things and take our JV kids a step further. This is a tough idea to implement. My issue isn't with the idea at all.

We were asked to run the regional. I said no. There has to be some safeguards in place and some more locking down of what is really going to happen.

There is enough time to get things figured out before 2015 to get a system in place, so I have confidence that it'll be a more refined idea when it actually happens.

Agreed.  Contracts sent out many months ago.  I love the idea but need a bit more information on how many dates this takes up for a kid....if we need someone at team sectionals or a fill-in for regionals we don't want to find out we did something illegal.

If the information is sent out for next year we can accommodate our teams to these dates.

I 100% support this idea and know that it will be great for the sport by improving the opportunity for more of our kids to get recognition for all the hard work that goes into the sport!  How many times to we see kids not go out/stay out because they don't make the Varsity.  Kids go out for wrestling for a variety of reasons, one of the big ones is recognition and this tournament will bring a high level of credibility to a group of kids that don't get a lot of it.  For anyone worried about how many matches their kids may get, my advice is to do what everyone does now, if they can't compete split the kids into 2 groups if you feel it will benefit them more.  Take the 2nd levels to the Wrestling challenge tournament and take the 3rd level kids to a different tournament on the same date.  Divide and conquer, but don't penalize the kids that can compete or want to compete in qualifying to Wisconsin's 1st Wrestling Challenge tournament.  THIS IS A BIG DEAL AND I HOPE THAT ALL SCHOOLS RECOGNIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SHOWCASE OUR SPORT AND OUR ATHLETES! ;D
That being said, I like the idea and think it could help keep kids out who cannot crack the varsity line-up.

Wisconsin Wrestling Online

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »