and on the ninth day

Started by TomM, December 18, 2013, 09:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

In certain instances where a dog barks in a movie (especially if the stereo is on) brings dinglefritz to the door, ready for faux battle and run away. Unless it's Petie, my pal's pitbull, my dog will go after Petie like he's a prime rib on Saturday night.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

My old boy, when he slept in bed with us, would watch TV and liked the commercials. I never figured that out but his eyes were just fixed on the TV and followed everything. I was convinced that he saw color and that interested him. But I was told dogs are color blind.

The old guy didnt say much, he just went after every dog that dared to tread on his 2 acre lot. Heck for that matter he went after a horse, a group of yotes and wanted a piece of some bufflao that wandered down to my area. He has mellowed in his age but I think he still has that pride that he knows he is the toughest sob in his lot ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Got a nice sled hill right across the street. The dog just took his own sled ride. Started sniffin' in the thing, unknowingly got in, and it started to slide. Sat his butt back and you could see the breeze in his ears floppin'. I couldn't get over how calm he was. Corn stalks slowed, then stopped him. He got out, wagged the bootie, no harm done. Gonna sleep good tonight. I think my daughter may have pushed him when got into the sled. Investigation pending. Dogs must think we're some kind of demigod, though. Pulling food from the fridge and freezer. Never there to see the kill.

littleguy301

My old guy (american/olde English) bulldog went outside last night and when he came back in some of that drool he produces froze.

We called it a droolsickle. Having frozen drool hangin from his mouth was funny ;D

bigG

Droolcicle. Love it. Mine had the sand to run up to his buddy at the farm next door. Came back shivering, laid down and took the warmest nap ever.

littleguy301

My littleguy ;D (pug/english bulldog cross) got the frozen hand treatment from me this morning. I was outside giving my truck a jump and did NOT have my gloves on. When I got done with that ordeal my hands were cool and since it looked as if he was tucked in good and sleeping I decided to rub that puppy belly and boy those eyes on him got big and he went from sleeping to wide awake in zero seconds ;D

bigG

Man it sure is fun having to so anything with bare hands today. Dipstick is much more content just looking out the window today.

littleguy301

Both my boys seemed to like it outside today but only in short stints.

My mini,,,I call him Vinnie,,,,is showing signs that he is going to be a complete inside dog. He is scared of the dark or acts like it and being a 29 pounder with big numbers and wild creters out there, he is rather happy to be lounging inside and acting as tough as he can :D

imnofish

Mine hasn't even asked to go outside.  She knows she would become a pupsicle in just a few minutes out there.  Good thing she will still use the training pads. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

My old boy just makes sure his yard is in tip top shape and needs to wander it. I was figuring with his age and getting slower he wouldnt do it as much but much to my dismay he has paths all around the 2 acre lot.

Kind of look like when I was young and we made a giant circle and some trails through it and played tag and had a goal to be safe. Kind of funny or if some old farmer would look at it he would think I have cattle because there are just random trails around the yard with no wavering from that ;D

imnofish

My little gal would need snowshoes.  It's over her head, at this point.   :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

I wonder while it is not snowing, then why do the dogs come in from outside with snow from top to bottom?

In the day when the old guy was young, no drift was to big or small for him, he just put his head down and plowed right threw the snow. It was funny, no jumping just tunneling ;D

Kjohnson

Human beings could learn alot from dogs.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Thanks Tom for the morning cry ;)

It is amazing what dogs can do.