and on the ninth day

Started by TomM, December 18, 2013, 09:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

and on the ninth day... god made a dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feature=player_embedded&v=lJ7AfSO2fKs

I lay on the floor with mine last night and thanked her for being such a good companion...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

Mine's a black version of 1:03. Best bud ya ever had. Knucklehead. Wouldn't change a thing about him. That's what gets me. I wouldn't even change his shortcomings for perfection. It's the shortcomings you love the most. He was just giving coyotes the warning woof. Now he's right here and we're tight. Can't find a better friend: him or me. I think I'd do dang near anything for him. To think I was pssed when the wife brought him home. Every day thereafter, aside from a little vacation, we've hung. People ask me where I get one of those. I say, "gotta hit a desperate rummage sale with blue tick/black lab pups to give away; free to good home." I hope he agrees; this is a good home (for him.)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

After my last hunting dog died, I avoided making the commitment again.  Then, shortly after I retired, my wife made the decision for me.  One of the best decisions she's ever made.  Our little dust mop has been a wonderful addition to our family. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

I have one laying to the left and the new one laying on the right of me.

My dad reminds me that the old boy is getting old and has out lived his years,,,,,my dad also knows how attached we are and he is preparing me for that day. But like I tell dad, I am going to enjoy those days no matter what ;D

The old guy has such a sense of protection to the family it is loving and very funny in the same breath.

I agree BigG, being knuckleheads are some of the dogs best traits ;D Watching the 2 in snow is something to laugh out loud at ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

My dog can do 40 mph on a good day. This morning there was a pheasant at the end of my yard and he was ready. To see that black hound booking through the pure white of winter, ears a floppin'. Does my soul good.

imnofish

My little mutt is lying on my legs right now.  Pretty soon, she will go upstairs and take a nap with the evil cat, who initially wanted to kill her off.  We should have dogs negotiating world peace...   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

littleguy301

While my dog prefers to just sit and watch the world go by, he still if needed can run like the wind though only for short distances.

If the neighbor dogs are in my yard, all I need to do is yell out my dogs name and the other scatter, he was the neighborhood tough guy and I guess his name still brings some fear ;D

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 26, 2013, 07:18:17 PM
While my dog prefers to just sit and watch the world go by, he still if needed can run like the wind though only for short distances.

If the neighbor dogs are in my yard, all I need to do is yell out my dogs name and the other scatter, he was the neighborhood tough guy and I guess his name still brings some fear ;D

Some day, when he is in doggy heaven, you can probably still do that and he will still rule the neighborhood.   8)

bigG

Mine will take great naps. Had some major dreams today. Huffin' and puffin'. Very alert when awake. ;)

Got him some good chew toys for Xmas. Two good ones. He's pumped.

imnofish

Ours does the active dream thing on a regular basis.  Got to admit that it's cute as heck.   :D

bigG

That's great. I don't think I'd miss the gas that happens at times when it's road kill time. Other than that, we're good.

TomM

Quote from: imnofish on December 26, 2013, 07:54:36 PM
Ours does the active dream thing on a regular basis.  Got to admit that it's cute as heck.   :D

I always wake mine up by saying her name.  I'm always worried it's a stroke...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

I had a beagle with epilepsy growing up (great hunter). Always felt bed when he had a seizure; but it does look like that.

littleguy301

My old boy used to dream big time and I used to say his name when I would wake him up. Now with him being more than likely deaf, I just give him a pat or crawl on the floor and give him a good snuggle ;D

littleguy301

My young one, doesnt like the Jimmy Dean sauage guy dressed up like the sun, he growls, barks and acts tough when he sees those commericals!