Snow Shoes and Coyotes

Started by jeast, December 13, 2013, 02:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeast

Have been out the last couple of nights chasing dogs.  I took the rifle one night, had them come into about 20 yards and missed...took the shotgun the next night, had them about a hundred yards out...anyone have an over under 20/22?  That would be the ticket I think.  :)

Love, love love this time of year. 
"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"

Handles II

I was wondering what I should do this weekend with no tournaments to coach. Perhaps some yote hunting would fill the bill.

bigG

I love going out when it's moon bright.

I think a 20/22 is a capital idea for a gun. My bro has a .410/22 for rabbits, and I've always loved that gun.

Lots of yotes by me of late.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Savage still makes the combination gun.

I use my MSR Modern Sporting Rifle I have a Red Dot and 1-4 power scope on it so i can switch to one or the other depending on the action.

Unless we are using dogs then 12 ga with T-Shot 3" mags and full choke.

wrestling for fun

My new mod 25 savage .17 hornet put 3 SE Wisc. coyotes down last weekend after snow.

ramjet

What kind of snow shoes Jeast? Old school raw hide and wood or the more modern aluminum and stainless or plastic ? I love snow shoeing and hunting.

As cold as it has been colder is better for yotes.

Houndhead

My buddy has a 12 Gauge/.17 over under. I killed a bobcat with the .17 a few years ago.

bigG

Mini 14 is a great yote whacker.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jeast

My sons bought me a pair of RedFeather shoes about 5 years ago.  I love them.  Easy on, easy off...bought a pair of ski poles at an auction a few years ago.  Only use one, and it makes for a great gun rest too. 

"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"

wrestling for fun

Nows the time if you can brave the cold.   2 more kettle morraine dogs down this am..  lots of them out looking for easy meal.. easy to spot.