Top Contenders at Midlands ( per Intermat ) Dec 29-30

Started by leg turk, December 03, 2013, 07:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Apparently, NIU has 3 Morse kids (brothers?) that are all decent. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

dad 2 5

OK, so how do you think the Badgers will do as a team and how will they do individually? Last year they were 12th right with Graff and Medbery with 3rd place finishes?

I would expect three top threes (Graff, Medbery, Jordon). I think Hein and Taylor could be top 8. Have to wait on the draw for others. Even if we just get those finishes it would be a 5th place.

Should be exciting to see the improvement!

leg turk

I'm hoping for at least a 5th place finish.  Can't wait!

badgerjohn

Quote from: dad 2 5 on December 13, 2013, 10:29:08 AM
OK, so how do you think the Badgers will do as a team and how will they do individually? Last year they were 12th right with Graff and Medbery with 3rd place finishes?

I would expect three top threes (Graff, Medbery, Jordon). I think Hein and Taylor could be top 8. Have to wait on the draw for others. Even if we just get those finishes it would be a 5th place.

Should be exciting to see the improvement!

Connor has his work cut out for him.  My guess he will be seeded no higher than 5th after Coon's win over Felix at Vegas last week, and Felix over Connor last year at that same Vegas tourney.

But that's ok, always better to finish higher that your seed.   ;D

285:
No. 2 Mike McMullan, Northwestern
No. 4 Bobby Telford, Iowa
No. 5 J.T. Felix, Boise State
No. 6 Connor Medbery, Wisconsin
No. 7 Spencer Myers, Maryland
No. 8 Adam Chalfant, Indiana
No. 12 Ty Walz, Virginia Tech
No. 19 Adam Coon, Michigan
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

billymurphy

badgerjohn

Quote from: futurerichguy on December 13, 2013, 01:54:24 PM
Here's Intermat's rankings:

2 Mike McMullan, Northwestern
3 Bobby Telford, Iowa
4 Adam Coon, Michigan
6 J.T. Felix, Boise State
7 Spencer Myers, Maryland
8 Adam Chalfant, Indiana
10 Connor Medbery, Wisconsin

Do I remember correctly Midlands uses previous (Midlands) year results for seeding?

Conner beat Chalfant both times they met (6-3 and 7-3) last year
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

npope

Quote from: badgerjohn on December 13, 2013, 08:21:26 PM
Quote from: futurerichguy on December 13, 2013, 01:54:24 PM
Here's Intermat's rankings:

2 Mike McMullan, Northwestern
3 Bobby Telford, Iowa
4 Adam Coon, Michigan
6 J.T. Felix, Boise State
7 Spencer Myers, Maryland
8 Adam Chalfant, Indiana
10 Connor Medbery, Wisconsin

Do I remember correctly Midlands uses previous (Midlands) year results for seeding?

Conner beat Chalfant both times they met (6-3 and 7-3) last year

While I can appreciate the curiosity as to how the rankings might be applied, in a field like the heavies they might as well just throw them in a hat and let them have at it; there isn't a lot of space between those guys in that group according to talent. Even though McMullan gets the nod as the number one guy I wouldn't be shocked at all if one of those other guys knock him off during the tourney. I don't think there is a "superman" among them who is significantly better than any of the others. Makes for a fun weight class - tough guys with comparable abilities bumping heads each round and even in the backside bracket.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

Hvy always seems like a toss up; but usually, one or two seem to rise to the top (frequently winning tourneys).

It's almost more fun, for me, to see those two, who were just all in the mix, in the NCAA finals. My self-centered take.

Might bust my TV screamin' at it if Medbery gets there, though. :D
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.