Drones

Started by imnofish, December 09, 2013, 12:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Amazon-plans-to-use-drone-copters-for-deliveries-5046642.php

If we are worried about the government using them against humans, do we really want more of them flying around? 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigoil

I got a drone for Christmas!!!

I haven't flown it quite yet but I look forward to invading someone's privacy :)

imnofish

Quote from: howavi on December 26, 2013, 12:16:16 PM

I haven't flown it quite yet but I look forward to invading someone's privacy :)

Congrats!  Will it deliver a pizza?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigoil

Quote from: imnofish on December 26, 2013, 12:32:09 PM

I think it could but not to Barron.

imnofish

Quote from: howavi on December 26, 2013, 12:37:00 PM
Quote from: imnofish on December 26, 2013, 12:32:09 PM

I think it could but not to Barron.

Looks like you have the potential for local entrepreneurship, though!  Papa Howavi's?   :D

bigoil

you never know, I am more interested in camera views at the beach this summer :))

imnofish

Quote from: howavi on December 26, 2013, 01:15:01 PM
you never know, I am more interested in camera views at the beach this summer :))

Uncle Pervy, is that you?   ;D

DrSnide

So, um, just out of curiosity, how long would it take a drone to deliver a deep dish pizza from say Chicago to, oh I don't know, say Chippewa Falls, WI?   ???

Just curious is all.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

imnofish

Quote from: DrSnide on December 26, 2013, 07:01:18 PM
So, um, just out of curiosity, how long would it take a drone to deliver a deep dish pizza from say Chicago to, oh I don't know, say Chippewa Falls, WI?   ???

Just curious is all.

I'm guessing that will depend on your choice of toppings and type of crust ordered.  Deep dish with double cheese and extra sausage would be about a week and it might not be warm when it arrives.   ;D

DrSnide

Quote from: imnofish on December 26, 2013, 07:17:39 PM
Quote from: DrSnide on December 26, 2013, 07:01:18 PM

Just curious is all.

I'm guessing that will depend on your choice of toppings and type of crust ordered.  Deep dish with double cheese and extra sausage would be about a week and it might not be warm when it arrives.   ;D

Then we need better drones ;D
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigoil

Quote from: imnofish on December 26, 2013, 06:54:32 PM

Maybe I just listen to the stories? In all seriousness the beach we go to is way more about the stories than the looks, not saying I haven't moved my sunglasses once or twice.

imnofish

Quote from: howavi on December 26, 2013, 08:17:41 PM
Quote from: imnofish on December 26, 2013, 06:54:32 PM

Maybe I just listen to the stories? In all seriousness the beach we go to is way more about the stories than the looks, not saying I haven't moved my sunglasses once or twice.

Ssshhhhhhhhh......   :-X   ;)