Will Brewers make any off season moves???

Started by easytopin, December 03, 2013, 01:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

Since we are keeping mister passionate as a manager will we be making any off season moves

Houndhead

Nothing to big. hopefully sign Cory Hart and maybe add a 3-4 starter.

TomM

I could see Braun gone...
Where?  No idea.  His difficulty with the truth would fly in New York better than the Midwest.  Or maybe St. Louis?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bkraus

I see them trading Aoki before Braun.  Word in Milwaukee is Aoki is on the market and Braun to right field.
Strive for Perfection

easytopin

Well they traded Aoki for a left handed arm who was mostly a long relief guy, rather have kept a leadoff bat instead.  Does this mean Rickie "swing and a miss" Weeks is going to bat leadoff?

littleguy301

I would rather the Brewers just cut Weeks, pay his salary just to keep him from even coming to Mil!!!! I know that sounds dumb but he just plain sucks and not having him around would be an off-season improvement!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

The Brewers need left handed pitching sooooooooo badly. They basically have none. I'm not sure the price they paid for this guy was worth it?

I know the Brewers are high on Khris Davis, but he's not a leadoff type player. Maybe they think they don't need one? Or maybe they think Scooter Gennett is that guy going forward, and they want more power in the outfield since they are giving up on Weeks?

IDK

I thought Aoki was on the cheap and a productive player. Long term they were never going to keep him here though.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

DrSnide

Quote from: Ghetto on December 05, 2013, 01:40:32 PM
The Brewers need left handed pitching sooooooooo badly. They basically have none. I'm not sure the price they paid for this guy was worth it?

I know the Brewers are high on Khris Davis, but he's not a leadoff type player. Maybe they think they don't need one? Or maybe they think Scooter Gennett is that guy going forward, and they want more power in the outfield since they are giving up on Weeks?

IDK

I thought Aoki was on the cheap and a productive player. Long term they were never going to keep him here though.

Aoki only had a year left on his deal and on the wrong side of 30 with little power.  There were probably not getting a lot for him and I think they wanted to move Braun to right and get Davis in the line up in Left.  I think they did okay with what they got.  Will Smith (insert Fresh Prince, Getting giggy with it, etc joke here) pitched out of the bullpen last year with great sucess (and not just as a situational lefty - he pitched multiple innings) and has was a starter his entire career before that.  His numbers as a starter at the MLB level were not great but I think he was only 21 or 22 at the time so who knows.  He's under team control for several years and does not look like a bad return for Aoki.  

As far as lead off it gets pretty scary.  Gennet?  Maybe Segura if you get first half Segura although I kind of like him hitting 2nd.  Gomez, while getting better, still doesn't show the plate discipline for lead off.  Please not Weeks though.  
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

mat time

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 05, 2013, 01:16:45 PM
I would rather the Brewers just cut Weeks, pay his salary just to keep him from even coming to Mil!!!! I know that sounds dumb but he just plain sucks and not having him around would be an off-season improvement!
Amen +1000000
Gold medals aren

boowrestle

My guess is scooter will get opportunity to lead off,Weeks will not see the field in Milwaukee!
you can run but you cannot hide.