Cowboy Wrestling Faces Early Challenge Against Sooners in Norman

Started by TomM, November 30, 2013, 10:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Cowboy Wrestling Faces Early Challenge Against Sooners in Norman
http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/112913aaa.html

Ringing Out the Competition
Many eyes will be on Alex Dieringer this season after he completed an outstanding freshman campaign in 2013.

He was named the 2013 Intermat Freshman of the Year and the Amateur Wrestling News Redshirt Freshman of the Year, finishing as a Big 12 Champion and producing a third-place finish at NCAAs to earn All-American status. He finished the season with 23 bonus-point wins, only second to Cowboy standout and two-time NCAA champion Jordan Oliver. Of those bonus-point wins, four came over top-20 opponents.

Dieringer went 35-3 overall and 18-1 in dual competition. He also owned a perfect 7-0 record over Big 12 competition. Look for big things to come from the Port Washington, Wisc., native.

Guide to SUNDAYS's Bedlam dual
The No. 4 Sooners and No. 5 Cowboys meet at 2 p.m. Sunday in Norman.
http://newsok.com/college-wrestling-guide-to-saturdays-bedlam-dual/article/3910094

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Harris

#1 Andrew Howe vs. #2 Chris Perry (Both former national champs)
#5 Travis Rutt vs. #7 Blake Rosholt
#2 Alex Dieringer

Wow - wish I could watch this dual meet.

Can't help but think what the Badgers would look like this year with Rutt and Howe in the lineup.  Still bummed about that one.

TomM

Can anyone find this online or tv?  I heard it is perhaps on ATT South... but I don't have that... aaargh
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Harris

Final Score
Oklahoma: 16
Oklahoma State: 15

125: No. 5 Jarrod Patterson (OU) dec. No. 14 Eddie Kilmara (OSU), 5-0
133: No. 4 Jon Morrison (OSU) dec. No. 5 Cody Brewer (OU), 8-2
141: Anthony Collica (OSU) dec. No. 16 Nick Lester (OU), 8-7
149: No. 12 Josh Kindig (OSU) dec. No. 1 Kendric Maple (OU), 4-3
157: Alex Dieringer (OSU) dec. Justin DeAngelis (OU), 11-5
165: No. 2 Tyler Caldwell (OSU) dec. Clark Glass (OU), 10-4
174: No. 1 Andrew Howe (OU) dec. No. 2 Chris Perry (OSU), 4-2
184: Danny Chaid (OU) dec. Kyle Crutchmer (OSU), 7-3
197: No. 5 Travis Rutt (OU) maj. dec. No. 10 Blake Rosholt (OSU), 12-3
HWT: No. 15 Ross Larson (OU) dec. No. 11 Austin Marsden (OSU), 3-2

crossface

Watched the dual live on Fox College Sports Central.  Channel 320 on Time Warner Cable out of Sheboygan County.  It will be replayed a few times this week.  Dierenger won but didn't look as good as I was expecting considering he wrestled an unranked wrestler and everyone knew he would probably need bonus points for the Cowboys to win.  Howe looked very great.  Rutt looked great as well and believe he was awarded wrestler of the dual. 

Drivingforce

Quote from: crossface on December 01, 2013, 05:36:29 PM
Watched the dual live on Fox College Sports Central.  Channel 320 on Time Warner Cable out of Sheboygan County.  It will be replayed a few times this week.  Dierenger won but didn't look as good as I was expecting considering he wrestled an unranked wrestler and everyone knew he would probably need bonus points for the Cowboys to win.  Howe looked very great.  Rutt looked great as well and believe he was awarded wrestler of the dual. 
DeAngelis was ranked 12th coming in, at least that's where FLO(based on Intermat and AWN) had him on Wednesday.

lincolnlogs

Would have loved to see the Howe/Perry match. Kinda surprising that OU still wins with Maple losing.