Week 1

Started by padre, November 30, 2013, 01:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

padre

From what I could find.....

Dec. 3

Bonduel and Witt-Birn will both compete against Gillet-Suring and Coleman

Good competition to start out the season...Gillet had a full squad last year and Coleman has 6 returning state placewinners.

Dec. 5

W-B vs. Manawa....Manawa looks like they will fill most of the roster and could be a couple potential great match-ups at 160/195 if it falls into place.

Menominee vs. Wega....this should be a close dual....possible Winkler/Radtke match-up would be interesting and the two teams look to have near full line-ups,,,could come right down to the end.

Rosholt vs.Tri-County....lots of frosh tested for the Penguins which is a great sign and Rosholt could fill most of their line-up...I see Rosholt winning by quite a bit as they have a bit more experience.

Bonduel vs. Pacelli....Pacelli is strong at the top end but the Bears will be too strong throughout the line-up to keep it close if they can get their line-up spread out.

Matches for Amherst or Shiocton?

Willie

I think I heard Amherst and shiocton were to wrestle each other on the 5th, but was moved due to the fact that both football teams were going to make deep playoff runs.

padre

Quote from: Willie on November 30, 2013, 11:40:13 AM
I think I heard Amherst and shiocton were to wrestle each other on the 5th, but was moved due to the fact that both football teams were going to make deep playoff runs.

That would make sense.

blacknblue

Amherst/shiocton got moved to the end of January. Amherst first match is Dec 7 tourney in crivitz.
You can drill and waste your time or you can drill and get better. Either way we're going to drill! - D.G.

GO BLUE!!

Willie

It's going to be very interesting to see how shiocton will come out the gate with having the late start. Must be a lot of pressure on the kids to have such a short turnaround from football to wrestling. I know Amherst did it last year, but watching the state championship game I noticed a lot of big named wrestlers playing both ways. And the fact that shiocton is easily a top 3 conference team. Good luck to them and their coaches on  getting prepared.

Willie

Well after a week w-b looks to be unstoppable! Shiocton wrestles without Riehl, Gomm and Fielding...? Like I said it would be interesting

padre

W-Bs short roll was stopped by Wausau West.  Lots of different ways they could have won the dual but in the end did not.  We are learning that wrestling state quality teams takes more than just wins and losses....many times its how you win and lose.  We are looking for someone that can give us inside tips to ever win a flip before the match....especially important matches. ;D

padre

Quote from: Willie on December 07, 2013, 11:17:42 PM
Well after a week w-b looks to be unstoppable! Shiocton wrestles without Riehl, Gomm and Fielding...? Like I said it would be interesting

Football injuries?

padre

W-B 77 vs Manawa 3- Great match at 220 as Peplinski bumped up to wrestle Casey Johnson who got the win in the closing seconds.

Menominee 44 vs Wega-Fremont 28

Bonduel 59 vs Almond-Bancroft/Pacelli 18

No found report on Rosholt vs. Tri-County.

Probably more than I ever remember filling weight classes is crucial this year.  Although skin fold testing numbers seemed to be higher than anticipated there were many more empty spots in line-ups than I had figured.

W-B came away with a nice victory over Coleman on Tuesday and cruised to the finals of the Wausau West Duals before dropping a heartbraker to Wausau West.

Bonduel had a nice weekend as they captured the Seymour duals going 5-0.

Menominee showed that having a full line-up really helps as they placed second at the duals in Antigo going 4-1.