Dogs

Started by littleguy301, November 28, 2013, 10:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

AS most know that read this area of the forum I have 2 dogs. Both the bully breed, one american/olde english the other pug/english cross.

I got the pug/english this past march and I have gotten a chance to watch those 2 interact. While at times the big guy just looks at me and wonder what in the heck was I thinking. Though we kennal the new one when we are gone and I find the big guy sleeping right next to the little guys kennal. Also with out using power the big guy is training that little guy. It is pretty amazing to say the least.

When to eat, when to go outside, when it is time to settle down for the day. All these actions are controled by the big guy and it is without force, just a look or maybe a slight push. WOW, animals have such a sense of leadership that at times I wonder why humans cannt figure this out.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DrSnide

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 28, 2013, 10:00:10 AM
AS most know that read this area of the forum I have 2 dogs. Both the bully breed, one american/olde english the other pug/english cross.

I got the pug/english this past march and I have gotten a chance to watch those 2 interact. While at times the big guy just looks at me and wonder what in the heck was I thinking. Though we kennal the new one when we are gone and I find the big guy sleeping right next to the little guys kennal. Also with out using power the big guy is training that little guy. It is pretty amazing to say the least.

When to eat, when to go outside, when it is time to settle down for the day. All these actions are controled by the big guy and it is without force, just a look or maybe a slight push. WOW, animals have such a sense of leadership that at times I wonder why humans cannt figure this out.

we had the opposite.  We had a male golden retriever who was 80lbs and a female black lab puppy.  She ruled the roost from the jump and Max just went along with whatever she said.  Just whipped that Max was.  Although I could understand why she would have that kind of power over him, its just what chicks do. ;)
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

I had an old yellow/lab/G shepard/etc mix (my baby), who was about 13 when the bride brought home the cutest black lab/ blue tick puppy. She was maternal as heck; he was as "that's my ma" as heck. I consider his mellow disposition a product of good upbringing by my Abby. Something to remember the old girl by.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

chucko

English Bulldogs have owned me for much of my life.  Most have been rescues.   Bully breads- they are sweet and cute, but as stubborn as heck!  I had three at one time (only two now) and they can't decide who is boss... They grumble...make lots of noise and bad smells (from both ends)-  then want food and a nap!  As a matter of fact... I hear both snoring right now! 

imnofish

We have a little mixed breed female (Shi-Tzu, poodle, schnauzer, terrier) who will turn 3 in May.  She is smaller than our cat and about half its age, but she has literally pestered that cat into becoming her buddy.  In the beginning, they couldn't even be on the same floor of our home without the cat going berserk.  Now, they take naps and play tag together.  That dog never met anyone or any animal that she didn't try to befriend....   except for the bears and raccoons in our back yard.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

DrSnide

When we got our yellow lab he was a pretty obnoxious puppy and our black lab refused to look at him.  She would literally keep turning her back to him so she didn't have to acknowledge him - even if they were in the same kennel. It went on for months.  Now they are best buddies since he's the only one young enough (9 years) yet to play with her as our Golden is now over 13 years of age and way more interested in naps.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

imnofish

When it comes to friendship and accepting individual differences, we could learn a lot from our pets.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

I am also a fan of the bully breed.

My new one is a combo of a pug and english bulldog. I have never met such a stubborn dog with such nasty hind end smell. He can clear out the basement, I know that because he just did and I had to leave the computer and head upstairs gagging!

bigG

And just a simple love of life for life itself.

I think that's why I've always been so fond of pets.

littleguy301

I used to want to come back to earth as a Texas Longhorn (yes the animal) something like a 60 in spread in the rack and a top stud to boot.

Now, I would like to comeback as a bulldog in a very loving family ;D

bigG

I side more withe the country dog dream, too.

I always think I got it pretty good. Then I get home and met by the real billionaire. Not a dime to his name; but lives the dream.