JFK- 50th anniversary

Started by Ghetto, November 22, 2013, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Stole this off of Twitter today....

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future."
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

Wise words by a great President.  Saw it, used it.  Thanks Dale.
"This page intentionally left blank".

TomM

Conductor Erich Leinsdorf breaks the news of Kennedy's assassination, plays Beethoven's 3rd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVNKNz-lc6k#t=46

I walked home the half mile from school for lunch that day... it must have been 12:45pm... the TV was on... first thing I saw was the screen with a sign "SPECIAL BULLETIN" ... and the announcer said "The President has been shot" ... I ran to tell my mom.  She was certain I was kidding and scolded me for saying it.  She said "Stop that!" ... It was true.  Walked back to school and my 4th grade teacher, Mrs Paetsch, had the radio on listening to reports for the first fifteen minutes I was back in the classroom.... and she was crying.  She shut the radio off and took us out for recess.  Then back to studying something.  That was one classroom away from the cloak room where we practiced the nuclear attack duck and cover drills during the Cuban missile crisis. 
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Little older than my blood; but I sure remember the bomb drills, and our cloak room.

I'm glad I've never witnessed a President assassinated. Even though dude tried to finish Reagan, Brady took the brunt of that; but he made it through.

Must have been a scary day for the US.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.