Previous topic - Next topic

aarons23

Saturday January 18th, 2014
Port Washington High School
427 West Jackson Street
Port Washington, Wisconsin 53074

Tournament Info:
• 10 team dual
• Dual will be a split five team bracket round robin format.  (5 rounds with bye)
• Round 6 - Finals for position 1-8
• Four mats will be run during each round
• WIAA High School overtime rules apply
• One certified referee per mat
• Match length 3 - 1:00 minute periods
• 3 Coaches only allowed per mat. Parents must remain in stands.
• All team wrestlers must be from the local school district and club.  No outside wrestlers allowed on the roster (permission needed for any exceptions).
• Up to 5 alternates per team.  We'll try to arrange exhibition matches for the alternates depending on the time.
• Alternates may be wrestled at any time. All wrestlers must weigh in with the team and wrestle at their weight or one weight class above.
• Singlet is required to be worn at weigh-ins.
• Liability Waiver Form must be signed and handed in at weigh-ins.
• Coaches are only allowed to move their wrestler up 1 weight class max.

Weight Classes:
60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 119, 127, 135, 145, HWT (20# max diff.)
****this is a 5-8 grade tournament....exceptions will be made for three lowest weights.****

Registration Fee: ​$225.00 per team
Line Ups Due:     ​January 2nd, 2014 - Along with list of alternates
​​​Team roster programs will be available day of dual.
Weigh-ins:​​7:00 – 7:30 a.m.
Wrestle:​​8:00 a.m. Sharp
Awards:​​Champion shirts for the first place team

For More Information, contact:  
Aaron Smith - Aaron@atozqualityfencing.com - 414-235-0173
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

aarons23

Seven teams already commited!  Three more spots left.  Should be a great day of wrestling.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

bulldog

Hey Aaron - you may have already told me this but you mention that the dual is open to teams from " local school district and club". I know World Gold Wrestling from Stevens Point has been trying to get a "duals" team together this year. Would they be able to participate? Or is it just for school teams up in your area. Thanks

aarons23

We wouldn't consider World a Gold Gold a school club.  Dennis is a Great coach and pulls from all over so your team would be considered an elite team.  We still have three spots open for any school club from any where.

It's very strenuous! 

aarons23

We are down to two openings.  The teams committed so far are as follows.

Port duals

Port
Kewaskum
Janesville
West Bend
Kenosha
Grafton
West Allis
Slinger

It's very strenuous! 

aarons23

It's very strenuous! 

aarons23

We are full!!   This should be a great day of wrestling.

Port duals competing teams

Port
Kewaskum
Janesville
West Bend
Kenosha
Grafton
West Allis
Slinger
Milton
Muskego

It's very strenuous! 

aarons23

What a great day of wrestling.....I truly believe these dual tourneys are the way to go.

Placements
1) Kenosha
2)West Allis
3)Muskego
4)Port Washington
5)Milton
6)Janesville
7)Slinger
8)West Bend
9) Kewaskum and Grafton

Thanks to all teams participating and congrats to all wrestlers on a great day of competing.

It's very strenuous! 

KWA2012

Thank you Port for the great day of wrestling. We had a great time and we will definitely do it again next year. Hope to see you at our tournament Feb.9. Thank you again Coach Shane.

KWADogs

What a great experience this was for not only our young wrestlers, but for our organization as well. I seen our kids coming together and cheering on one another like I have never seen before. I also got a chance to speak to other club parents and coaches which at tournaments you don't often have time to do. Thank you and looking froward to next seasons duals.

Jason Feest
KWA Bulldogs