Exhibition match...

Started by TBrandvold, November 04, 2013, 02:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBrandvold

Wisconsin Wrestling Fans... Thank you to all those in attendance for our inter-squad matches on Friday night.  It was great to see nearly 600 people in attendance to get a sneak peak at what will be an exciting season for UW Wrestling!  I also want to thank all the High School Coaches that were in Green Bay for the WWCA Annual Conference.  Mitch and I had a great time meeting new faces and catching up with so many of you.  I hope you were able to take something away from our breakout session and the clinic in general. 

With that said we want to apologize as a program for having our exhibition match the same time as the Conference.  In the future we will make sure we will schedule around the Conference so that the coaches in the State can attend.  Thank you for bringing this up and to the coaches for your input.  I'm so pumped that this is an issue and that the coaches in Wisconsin want to support our program.  We know that we can't make everyone happy all the time but you are a vital part in making this program the best in the country.

I was going to post a summary of the matches but it looks like GRIMM did a great job with that!!! Thank you.

We as a staff are excited about the upside with this team.  As always at this time of year there is still a lot to work on and a long way to go.  This week in practice we will be working on chain wrestling.  This is something that we have focused on this fall and will continue to build on.  Chain wrestling= hand-fighting with a purpose and into shots, transitioning into our leg turks and turns from our takedowns, going from turn to turn on top, and creating more movement on the bottom in order to get out. 

Our team did a lot better staying in good position.  Everyone from the freshmen to the starters held good position.  This is something that we've stressed a lot and it was great to see the improvement.  We also did a good job getting hand control and coming up off the bottom. 

Position-Pressure-Attack is what we've stressed since last spring.  We hope that these simple phrases continue to create an exciting style of wrestling that will help us win a lot of matches!

Thanks again for everyone's support!  We will have some ups and downs this season but we hope everyone is ready for an exciting ride!