York College suspends wrestling program
http://www.abc27.com/story/23833766/york-college-suspends-wrestling-program

"Do things to help yourself, not to hurt yourself" ... THINK
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Handles II

York has had a very solid showing at D3 nationals for the past several years.
When will people ie athletes realize the stupidity of hazing and that it simply isn't worth doing? There is nothing to be gained and only something to be lost. We've seen it time and time and time again.

MNbadger

Sad.  I never understood the who;e hazing thing.  I was in high school the last time I "saw" it.  I told my team mates I wasn't going to be hazed, simple as that.  I was prepared to not play and give up the season of football.  It always struck me as so juvenile, even when I was a juvenile!
I always told my athletes (jokingly) that I handled all the hazing on our team, it was called work.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Todd

It's really sad for the program that the stupidity of those who participated in the hazing and other issues caused them to be suspended.  That stuff has no place in wrestling or any sport for that matter.  If the coaches were aware they should be fired and start over with those that can respect the sport.
"This page intentionally left blank".