Challenge to the WI wrestling community

Started by benaskren, October 31, 2013, 12:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benaskren

OK so here is my challenge to the WI wrestling community.  It is a big one so I hope you are ready.

SELL OUT the Big Ten tournament in Madison.

Here is my reason, every fan always bitches and complains when a program is dropped at the college level.  The best way we can prevent that from happening is to show college ADs that we the wrestling community care about college wrestling.  I would like the entire state to declare a moratorium on all youth tournaments for the weekend.  I know it is the weekend before youth regionals and you know what I don't care.  All of the wrestlers from our academies will be strongly discouraged from competing that weekend if not outright banned.  This is our chance to show the Wisconsin Athletic Dept that the state of WI genuinely cares about its wrestling program.  Lets get excited and make this happen!

I will repeat this challenge several times throughout the season, I hope everyone will jump on board.
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

head57

Askren vs Dake before the semis. That will help fill things up, although I would think the B1G would like to be represented somehow.

Good call, Ben. Hoping to be bouncing between the fieldhouse and the KC that weekend.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

HMsDad

MNbadger

Well said Ben!  This is something I have pointed out for years.  The wrestling community has to start showing up and showing up consistently for wrestling to be successful.  Numbers/dollars are what speaks.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bulldog

Thanks for making the statement Ben. I know where we will be that weekend. Table for 4 at 5 Guys on breaks!!!

bigoil

It will be full. Unfortunately it will likely be mostly black and gold with a fair amount of maroon.

boowrestle

Hopefully we can stick the Black/Gold up in the nose bleed seats!!!! ;)
you can run but you cannot hide.

rv84

Ive been to several Big Ten turneys over the years and noticed that alot of venues close off there top level.There for "selling out" the bottom sections.Will the nose bleed sections "300 level" be open for this turny ?

Todd

Quote from: howavi on October 31, 2013, 08:02:32 PM
It will be full. Unfortunately it will likely be mostly black and gold with a fair amount of maroon.

Good point.  Those fans travel well for their wrestling.  I'm getting my Tix early.
"This page intentionally left blank".