Badgers set for Intrasquad Scrimmage

Started by TomM, October 29, 2013, 05:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imwi

Quote from: fryguy518 on November 01, 2013, 09:45:24 AM
Havnt been to a match in a couple years. Does anybody know how much it is to get in?

As BKraus said, it's free tonight, regular season meets were $4 last year but they had one promo that it cost a buck to get in and you got a free Bucky Book (UW equivalent to the entertainment book)

Briopiate

It's too bad the concessions are never open for the scrimmage. Will they be this year?

stp

Nice showing RT and Zeke.

Going to be really fun the next few upcoming years!
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

hammen

From my observations:

125 - Love RT's pace and movement on his feet. Going to be great seeing him compete against the ranked guys real soon. A big key I think will be his riding - he tends to get a little high with the legs in, but he can be absolutely brutal with that power half. If he finds a balance on top and stays aggressive on his feet, we're going to see big wins from him this year.

133 - Graff looks strong as usual. I think he's working not just harder, but smarter this year - can't wait to see him at the top of the podium. Gotta hand it to G2 as well - he stayed in there and battled as a true freshman against arguably the best in the country.

141 - Honey Badger looked great as usual - so slick and strong. Although I hear he might be better at CoD than wrestling?!

149 - How about that Lubeck/Ruschell match? Glad we have those guys and Kalvin all at one weight. Looking like a good amount of depth this year, which just speaks volumes to the competitiveness in the room and how these guys train.

157 - Zeke has great flow and a HUGE frame for 157. He's definitely one of the bigger guys at the weight, and couple that with his strength and skill-set, wow.

165 - Great to see Cox step up here. Will definitely be interesting to see who emerges after the first month or so.

174 - Scotty looks to be on a mission this year. 174 will always be a deep weight, especially in the B1G, and I think Scotty is primed to make a good run to the podium.

184 - Another solid weight for the badgers. Jackson looked good and strong, and gotta hand it to Icky for showing he's tough and ready to step in when/if his name is called upon this year.

197 - Although a lot of the guys are unproved, this is a deep weight for us. Hopefully Timmy can build on his success from the spring, and Peissig/Robertson can have solid redshirt years. I hope/think we will see Robertson at Midlands.

285 - Definitely the deepest weight on the team - sorry I missed this match, but heard Brock and Connor both wrestled well. It's tough to wrestle your practice partner in a live match during wrestle-offs, but it's probably the toughest at heavyweight.

Numbers

Quote from: futurerichguy on November 01, 2013, 09:15:49 PM
First time I saw Ryan Taylor wrestle.  He looks flippin awesome.  149 is going to be a battle for the next 4 years.  Both Ruschell and Lubeck should be D1 starters, so it'll be interesting.

149-Wow.  Have not watched TJ much before but Lubeck always impresses me.  I am really excited for this team.

dad 2 5

+1
or +149!!!

The one thing I thought was improved was exploring off the bottom!

CLC FAN

I was late getting to both feeds, so I was hopping back and forth between the live blog and the streaming video.  Saw Lubeck's wicked sunshine kick from neutral during that mad scramble in the second period.  So I go to the blog to see how she described it.

"Ruschell shoots...."

"Nothing."

Made me think of that old line from Major Leauge...

"Fly ball... caught."

ankle pick

I'm a little surprised Lubeck picked Neutral in the second, but then again, maybe he thought he was better on his feet, rather than trying to get away on bottom.... whatever the case, it was a great match!  Super impressed with Ryan Taylor, that kid has a motor!

stp

I'm scared to ask how much Zeke is cutting.  Wow is he lean.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: stp on November 01, 2013, 08:46:00 PM
Nice showing RT and Zeke.

Going to be really fun the next few upcoming years!

We need to keep recruiting from St. Paris Grasham High School !!! :-) 
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

jaguarwrestler

very excited for this years team, we went from 2-3 strong weights to 8-9 strong weights in 1 year.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

bigG

Little easier to be pumped this year. Glad we're back to normal. Whatever the heck that is.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Todd

I totally agree with the excitement for this team and some years to come. Granted it was against in house competition and can only be measured that way but the guys looked great.  Thielke seems stronger than ever.  Graff was dominant of course.  Taylor was a beast and it was fun watching his aggressive style.  Lubeck and Ruschell was a great chess match to watch.  I guess my only complaint is the concentration of talent at those wights. While it's nice to be deep I can't help but think it would be awesome to have that up and down the lineup.  Getting there.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Manty77

Here's a writeup I volunteered to do for another site:  http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.php/topic,29143.0.html

Tom, if you don't want links to other wrestling sites, feel free to blow this post away.