New Wisconsin guys in D1 starting line-ups

Started by hammen, October 22, 2013, 07:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

Just got a message from Justin Scherkenbach that he will be starting at 133 when NDSU opens against Mizzou. Any other new Wisconsin guys in D1 line-ups to start the season?

Ghetto

That's great. NDSU has a Wisconsin pipeline. Our kids are tough enough and talented enough to do great things.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bkraus

That is great for Justin.  He is a great kid.  I think WI might possibly have 4-5 starters in the NDSU lineup...  my guesses would include
125 Hunter Weber
133 Justin Scherkenbach
157 Matthew Gray
165 Steven Monk
285 Evan Knutsen

This sure would be great to see.  Keep the pipe line going guys!
Strive for Perfection

badgerjohn

NDSU and Bucky duel at Madtown this year.  Luv it.
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

bkraus

Strive for Perfection

cubfan

I will take Monk, but I have to go with Taylor at 125.  He's going to be something special. 

badgerjohn

Quote from: cubfan on November 01, 2013, 01:01:47 PM
I will take Monk, but I have to go with Taylor at 125.  He's going to be something special. 

Ryan will tell you he already is special.    ;)
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Ghetto

Drivingforce

Sherkenbach may not win a match. In over his head. Monk would destroy Lubeck. Wow...

zugzoo

Quote from: Drivingforce on November 02, 2013, 07:33:36 PM
Sherkenbach may not win a match. In over his head. Monk would destroy Lubeck. Wow...

Well, Monk and Lubeck are at two different weights...

Quote from: howaviYour reward for winning Sectionals: Weston Olund Merrill 11-2 12  vs Jesse Thielke Germantown 39-1 10

Drivingforce

Quote from: zugzoo on November 02, 2013, 08:05:35 PM

Well, Monk and Lubeck are at two different weights...

Yup, just playin' off all the other comments. 57, 49... at some some point, someone will move up and someone will move down. NDSU has a team that would give the Badgers fits at the low to mid weights. Graff and JT would be locks, the heavies would probably do well too. I'd like to see JT wrestle Sherkenbach, that'd be quick! I know, 41 vs. 33.

harley

[/quote

Yea JS only went 22-5 his redshirt year. Over his head?

Ghetto

Quote from: Goat Roper on November 02, 2013, 07:22:59 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on November 02, 2013, 06:30:51 PM
Taylor would beat Weber
;D

We may find out soon.

The Badgers dual NDSU on February 2. Not exactly soon, but its in the mix. Is there a tournament where both teams could match up?

zugzoo

Quote from: Ghetto on November 02, 2013, 10:17:52 PM
Taylor would beat Weber
;D

We may find out soon.

The Badgers dual NDSU on February 2. Not exactly soon, but its in the mix. Is there a tournament where both teams could match up?

Not sure, but in the past both NDSU and Wisco go to Vegas for Cliff Keen. I've also seen NDSU a couple times go to Midlands. Not sure if they were there recently, but thats a potential of 2 times before the dual
Quote from: howaviYour reward for winning Sectionals: Weston Olund Merrill 11-2 12  vs Jesse Thielke Germantown 39-1 10

Numbers

Quote from: zugzoo on November 03, 2013, 11:30:45 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on November 02, 2013, 10:17:52 PM
Taylor would beat Weber
;D

We may find out soon.

Not sure, but in the past both NDSU and Wisco go to Vegas for Cliff Keen. I've also seen NDSU a couple times go to Midlands. Not sure if they were there recently, but thats a potential of 2 times before the dual

Looks like both schools will be at Midlands but not at Cliff Keen.  Here is a link to the NDSU dual with Missouri last Friday.
http://www.gobison.com/news/2013/11/1/WR_1101134450.aspx?path=wrestling