Weight Certification Max

Started by Keel, October 17, 2013, 09:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

I believe in the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) theory of weight control.  John Azevedo described this method at a wrestling camp my son attended; his junior and senior years, he used this method to show up for his fat test at his optimum wrestling weight.  In June, he began to gradually increase his running AND his water intake, continuing this trend through the summer and autumn.  During this time he ate a healthy diet and gradually minimized his intake of sweets.  That's it.  Worked like a charm.  I should point out that he was also lifting weights during that time.  He continued the additional running and stayed well-hydrated during the season.  He just had to monitor the fluid levels for the last day before a competition, to make sure that he wasn't bloated.  He was very lean, but his metabolism was working so efficiently that he could eat school lunch (salad bar) daily during the season and still maintain his weight. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!