Started by TomM, October 14, 2013, 09:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

zugzoo

That was hardly a breakdown as much as it was stating intermat's ranking and the results of the NCAA tournament last spring. The only real breakdown was mentioning Clark beat Delgado in the UNI tournament, but even that was barely anything.

I guess what would be better in my opinion is if they broke down how these wrestlers achieved their rankings (NCAA tournament obviously biggest factor, but individual matchups throughout the year can be important as well), what they have done in the off-season (if anything), and potential tournaments/matchups for this upcoming year.

I think with those mentioned, it would create a nice list.
Quote from: howaviYour reward for winning Sectionals: Weston Olund Merrill 11-2 12  vs Jesse Thielke Germantown 39-1 10

Oldtimer

My fella wrestled Clark and Peters multiple times.  Sometimes close, sometimes not...no victories.  It's cool to see the level that some of his opponents on the national level have reached.  It's interesting that my guy is a DIII backup to an all American.  I'd be interested to see how our starter at 125 would fare against these two beasts.
Beware of the northern sleeper