2013/14 season

Started by aarons23, October 10, 2013, 11:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarons23

All right Ghetto.....give us your best Clcfan impersonation ( or padre), and give us your take on the up coming season.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Ghetto

No kids today at school. Maybe this afternoon. Just typed that at a stoplight. I'm a bit busy  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

In a meeting...  ;D

Returning placewinners:

106 Results
1st Place - Manny Rosado of Port Washington
2nd Place - Cooper Fergus of Whitefish Bay
3rd Place - Zack Szohr of Germantown
4th Place - Doug Lennon of Homestead

113 Results
1st Place - Dylan Lesar of Cedarburg
2nd Place - Nick Michalowski of Port Washington
3rd Place - Gavin Voit of Nicolet
4th Place - Jimmy Nguyen of Germantown

120 Results
1st Place - Max Riederer of Milwaukee Lutheran
2nd Place - Josh Hickey of Cedarburg
3rd Place - John Hokeness of Homestead
4th Place - Alex Ellison of Nicolet
5th Place - Jesus Aguila of Port Washington
6th Place - Liam Pfleger of Grafton

126 Results
2nd Place - Noah Rosado of Port Washington
4th Place - Max Stahnke of Cedarburg
5th Place - Teague Worlton of Nicolet
6th Place - Taj Lea of Milwaukee Lutheran

132 Results
2nd Place - Drew Waller of Homestead
3rd Place - Miguel Gomez of Whitefish Bay
5th Place - Jason Gustafson of Grafton
6th Place - Bryce Moeller of Port Washington

138 Results
1st Place - Jason Ipsarides of Cedarburg
4th Place - Jack Plale of Whitefish Bay
5th Place - Tyler Denmark of Homestead
6th Place - Kevin Taylor of Grafton

145 Results
3rd Place - Tucker Hammer of Cedarburg
5th Place - Savion Dean of Nicolet
6th Place - Colton Heberling of Grafton

152 Results
2nd Place - Ben Lehrmann of Whitefish Bay
3rd Place - Ryder Sigler of Cedarburg
4th Place - Alec Masters of Port Washington
5th Place - Zach Lennon of Homestead
6th Place - Joshua Hemphill of Milwaukee Lutheran

160 Results
3rd Place - Jordan Clark of Port Washington
4th Place - Kellen Witty of Milwaukee Lutheran

170 Results
3rd Place - Justin Seeke of Cedarburg

182 Results
2nd Place - Gage Zupke of Homestead
3rd Place - Hunter Valenta of Germantown
4th Place - Spencer Alascio of Cedarburg
5th Place - Markobi Carr of Milwaukee Lutheran
6th Place - Chris Azcueta of Nicolet

195 Results
3rd Place - Tyler Watson of Cedarburg
4th Place - Mohamed Dawod of Nicolet
5th Place - Ian Olivas of Grafton

220 Results
1st Place - Hunter Higginbotham of Germantown
2nd Place - Logan Moody of Milwaukee Lutheran
3rd Place - Alex Marshall of Grafton
5th Place - Brandon Willms of Port Washington
6th Place - Isaiah Agara of Nicolet

285 Results
1st Place - Kyle Polum of Cedarburg
2nd Place - Andy Fidler of Port Washington
6th Place - Steve Meyer of Whitefish Bay

Not sure that the conference tournament is a good indicator of this year's success, considering how many kids were out that day with injury, etc. That said, there's some weights that could be wide open (170 and 182 come to mind).

Port- (123.5 returning points) Port returns some great kids, including kids not on the list at conference. I'm sure there is another Rosado coming up the pike, and Zach Smith and Quentin Lueck likely would have been conference champs/finalists depending on weight. Losing the Dieringer family takes two studs out of the lineup, but for them, in the North Shore, it may not matter. I never know what is coming up through the kids ranks. I'll leave that to AaronS. Key losses: Dieringer, Rosado, Schnell, Meins

Cedarburg- (162.5 returning) Talk around the water cooler is that this the year that Port goes down. Cedarburg is that obvious challenger. They return most of their lineup, and their core of Ipsarides, Polum, Hammer, and Watson are all juniors, so that leads at a two year run at the top. Their new HC has had individual state champs. Ipsarides has been active over the summer, and it's time for him to take another step to the podium. Key losses: Pelkey

Germantown- (60 returning) Germantown loses most of their conference lineup, which is going to make this season a rebuilding one for them and their new coach. They had huge numbers when we wrestled them in the dual, so they should be able to fill holes in the lineup. Filling weights means dual wins in the North Shore. Highlights will come from Szohr and Higgenbothem, who have the potential to do great things. Key losses:  Baran, Colegrove, Palzkill, Asmondy.

Whitefish Bay- (66 returning) We graduated three of the best wrestlers ever to walk the halls at Bay. Replacing the 400 career wins that our seniors leave with is a difficult task. We really return a list of decent kids with little or no fanfare. We will be solid at some weights, and green at others. With a small freshman class, our kids are going to have to recruit athletes from the hallways to fill some weights.  Key losses: Carlin, Davey, Gray and Jackson

Milwaukee Lutheran- (66 returning) We came within 1 point of shutting Lutheran out in our dual last year, and they return the same amount of conference points. If they can keep the staff intact, and find a few more kids, I think that they can start to develop some consistency. Max Reiderer is the guy at Lutheran. Key losses: Ward

Grafton- (48 returning) Grafton  is going to have some struggles unless they have a pipeline of middle schoolers coming up to contribute as  freshman. Alex Marshall is a monster. Will he make the move to 285? Key losses:  Hoffman, Rapp

Homestead- (73 returning) The end of last year was rough for Homestead. Things fell apart.  They used to have large numbers and filling weights has never really been an issue. Key losses: Mueller

Nicolet- (64 returning) Nicolet was super young last year with some very athletic kids. Will they make the jump and do the work needed to become great wrestlers, or plateau? Key losses: Patton, Fisher

Ghetto

Highly productive meeting.  ;D ;D

Blast Double

Where did the Dieringer family go?

bkraus

I think Seeke will be another Cedarburg wrestler that will be a big contributor for them.  I can not wait to see the skinfold results and let the guessing games begin!
Strive for Perfection

Ino

Quote from: Blast Double on October 11, 2013, 11:50:13 AM
Where did the Dieringer family go?

Last I heard they moved to Stillwater.

Depending on the high school they are in they could be on a pretty good team:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/22/mead-loses-wrestler-chandler-rogers-to-move/

CLC FAN

Quote from: Ghetto on October 11, 2013, 11:16:43 AM

... and you and bkraus hassle me about time management!

Ghetto

No kids in school today CLC! Nothing to worry about. I have learned to type without looking, and gave the nods at the right times during the meeting. Model employee!!!! ;D

bkraus

Quote from: CLC FAN on October 11, 2013, 07:26:37 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on October 11, 2013, 11:16:43 AM

... and you and bkraus hassle me about time management!

My day is all about time management!  2 minutes to take attendance, 49 minutes for the forum...  repeat hours 1-3 and 5-7...  :)
Strive for Perfection

neutral

Quote from: Ghetto on October 11, 2013, 07:13:47 AM
No kids today at school. Maybe this afternoon. Just typed that at a stoplight. I'm a bit busy  ;D

Take the pledge ...
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

aarons23

Today's the day all the hard work starts.  Good luck to all . 

Great run down Ghetto.  I think Port will be stronger than many think.  If we can stay healthy and nose clean we should be pretty solid .  This appears to be the biggest Port team we have had in many years.  It helps with that Russian exchange program the school started. Port should get back three studs that missed conference and two of them who missed regionals...actually three missed regionals. Several guys who have been behind starters will get there chance this year...some who could have started on many other D1 programs but was just buried behind the talent Port had.  This will be a some what younger team...but experienced enough to get the job done.  We have a decent freshman class but only one real  contributer to varsity, Preston Makouts.   Looks as though he will be 106 or 113 at end of year and will be a handful.

Possible conference champs for Port: Preston Makouts, Noah Rosado, Manny Rosada, Zach Smith, Bryce Moeller, Brandon Moeller, Quenton Luick, Jordan Clark, Brandon Fleischman,  Brandon Baur, Cullen Baur ( when he returns from football injury) and Andy Fidler.  I'm sure I missed some.  Not saying these are locks...but these are kids in the hunt.  I am expecting Brandon Moeller, Brandon Baur and Jordan Clark to step up more than they did last year.  All being Seniors and this is their time.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

aarons23

I do expect Cedarburg to be strong this year.  The North Shore AWA is filled with Cedarburg kids.  Should be a good dual with them and Port. 

It's very strenuous!