Another great day for our program!!!

Started by TBrandvold, October 02, 2013, 11:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOURNE

Seems to me we covered that 2 or 3 months ago...

leg turk

bkraus

I watched every folkstyle match I could find on Christensen.  Does everyone in Washington leg ride?  Of all the videos I have seen both wrestlers go to ride was to try and throw legs right away.
Strive for Perfection

mkm13

When this recruiting class will be redshirt freshman, the team would look something like this:

125: Jimenez RS FR, Lantz RS FR
133: Taylor RS JR, Grahek RS SO
141: Thielke RS JR, Crone RS SO
149: Lubeck RS JR, Ruschell RS JR, Donar RS JR
157 - Liegel RS SO, Scharenbrock RS FR
165 - Jordan  RS JR, Webber RS JR
174 - Stilling, RS SO, Veling RS JR, Hochstaetter RS SR
184 - Christensen, RS FR
197 - Robertson, RS SO, Peisseg RS SO
HWT - Medbery, RS SR, Horwath RS SR

Obviously a lot can happen with weight changes between now and then. 

Based on this, it looks like we clearly need a HWT in this class to be ready for the following year.  With Tyler Schmidt still available, he would appear to be a good option.  Stoll is out there as well, but not sure if he is an option.  If Thielke sticks to his plan, he would be taking the year off for the Olympics as well.  If that happens, we would have a big hole at 141 without adding someone (unless Lubeck could make it down there still).  If the current Greco weight changes go through, Thielke might not even have a good weight to wrestle..so maybe that would change his plan and he wouldn't take the year off.  We could also use more competition at 174 unless some of the lighter weight guys grow into that.

Gutwrench

Quote from: mkm13 on October 04, 2013, 08:05:49 AM
When this recruiting class will be redshirt freshman, the team would look something like this:

184 - Christensen, RS FR

Ha!  Thx mkm, I was also thinking about what the lineup might look like in a couple years.  Good catch about the need for a new HWT after that year.

Numbers

184 - Christensen, RS FR

Obviously a lot can happen with weight changes between now and then. 

For as good as this looks for 2015-2016 now, I expect it will look even better in two years after seeing these wrestlers improve.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Per Intermat, Tyler Schmidt of Merrill (D1-220 Champ in 2013) also committed to the Badgers recently !!  He is projected at 285...

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/recruiting/commitments
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

billymurphy

Lot of good news for Badger fans lately.  I am interested to see how Peissig does in the wrestle offs.  An undefeated WI state champion going against a nationally ranked Illinois state champion Robertson would be worth seeing.  Robertson keeps very good position in the matches I have seen of his.  And then bringing in a Washington state champion.  Good stuff.

Manty77

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on October 13, 2013, 09:22:54 PM
Per Intermat, Tyler Schmidt of Merrill (D1-220 Champ in 2013) also committed to the Badgers recently !!  He is projected at 285...

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/recruiting/commitments
That one snuck  in  under the radar.  This is great news.  Last year when I  saw him dominate at State I was hoping he'd someday become a Badger.  Fantastic.

mkm13

Quote from: futurerichguy on October 14, 2013, 01:46:16 PM
Stoll is out there as well, but not sure if he is an option. 
Stoll is going to Iowa.  If Schmidt can put on 30 pounds of muscle in the next 2-3 years, we'll have the better HWT.  The way he's been improving I'm not worried about it.

I like Schmidt and think he could grow into a solid big 10 heavyweight, but that is a pretty aggressive statement.  Stoll is a very accomplished recruit.  The big 10 is filled with great heavyweights...hope Schmidt can develop into a very good one after a few years in the room.