Graff 2nd
Deringer 2nd
Sueflohn 6th
Monk 5th
Kissel 19th
Hein 12th (at 197)
Medberry 8th
Knutsen 18th

These are what I found with WI ties.  I left off Howe and Rutt since they no longer want WI ties.  It also did not have freshmen or RS Freshmen on there yet as I assume we will have more on the list once that happens.
Strive for Perfection

CLC FAN

Right now they have WI at 15, without ranking our freshmen and redshirt freshmen (or anyone else's).  Adding Thielke and Jordan to the mix would bump us up a few spots I would hope.  Is top 10 this season a realistic goal for this team? 

leg turk

billymurphy

I am thinking this is a redshirt year for Sueflohn.

cubfan

I can see the Badgers anywhere between 15-18 right now.  It will be interesting to see how 149 goes and if Hein will be able to handle the weight cut to 184.  Throw in Taylor, Jesse, Zeke and Timmy and this could be a very good team.

I think you'll see Jake RS this year and let McCauley wrestle 149.  Then next year have McCauley or Green RS or you could even go Jake 149, McCauley 157 and Green 165.  Lots of options for Manning

bkraus

I think maybe higher than 15.  12-15 possibly, top 10 if they wrestle a tad bit above their expectations for this year.
Strive for Perfection

billymurphy

What place do the Badgers finish in the Big Ten Tournament? Graff is the only "sure thing" in the finals. Thielke being the next most likely. 
You have to figure Penn State, Minnesota and Iowa are a lock for the top three. 
1. Penn State
2. Minnesota
3. iowa
4. Illinois
5. Ohio State
6. Nebraska
7-12..  Northwestern, Wisconsin, Michigan, Purdue, Michigan State, Indiana all fighting for the 7th spot.

dad 2 5

Connor should be top three in the Big 10, top six in the NCAA.
I think top 15 preseason is ok for a team that is going to get guys ranked fairly quickly.
The question is where are they at mid season and going into the Big10/NCAA
I think mid season they are 10-12 and going into the the Big 10 8-11.

It should be a great season and I hope they are able to build on it.

billymurphy

Iowa, Minnesota, and Northwestern have heavyweights that have been better than Medbery so far in his career.  Medbery is a year away from being in the Big Ten finals on paper.

wrestler133

157 pounds

Rk.             Name            School            Year           

Manty77

Quote from: wrestler133 on October 02, 2013, 12:26:31 PM
157 pounds

Rk.             Name            School            Year           

npope

Even though Bucky's lineup should be stronger this year, it is going to be hard to jump into the deep end of the pool simply because all of the top dogs are just so darned stacked. I fear the Badgers are still a year or two away from putting a lineup on the mat that can go toe-to-toe with the likes of PSU, Iowa, MN, etc. And that's not even mentioning the talent teams like Michigan and tOSU are stock piling right now.

But the Badgers are indeed clawing their way back to respectability.

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Gutwrench

Quote from: npope on October 02, 2013, 02:34:17 PM
Even though Bucky's lineup should be stronger this year, it is going to be hard to jump into the deep end of the pool simply because all of the top dogs are just so darned stacked. I fear the Badgers are still a year or two away from putting a lineup on the mat that can go toe-to-toe with the likes of PSU, Iowa, MN, etc. And that's not even mentioning the talent teams like Michigan and tOSU are stock piling right now.

But the Badgers are indeed clawing their way back to respectability.

Completely agree.  To make the top 3-4 in the B1G essentially you need AA candidates at almost all of the weight classes.  It is going to be tough to break through to that level.  Not impossible, but tough.  Have to keep pulling in the stud recruits.