Jesse @ World Championships

Started by cubfan, September 12, 2013, 09:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

The Korean that beat Jesse lost in the next round sooooo... that wraps up the tournament for Jesse.

A pretty good run for a young guy, though.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

He'll hit the top of that podium in the near future.

Just hope he's ready for some folk action.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

woody53

With the talent level Jesse has, and the drive that he has shown, this will just make him more hungry and determined to take it to the next level. Nice job Jesse.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

jaguarwrestler

in that video he looks to be more filled out than I have seen him in the past
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Drivingforce

Quote from: coconut joe on September 22, 2013, 07:24:30 PM
Quote from: TLV on September 18, 2013, 05:12:14 PM
He is reminding me of another guy from Sconny, Garrett Lowney. Goes to Olympics after signing up with Minny. Spends most of another year redshirting. And then, recruits his own replacement.........a smallish guy by the name of Cole Konrad. Class act.

are you saying that you don't think thielke will win any ncaa national titles?
Should've stuck with folkstyle. JT is a freakishly great talent but he's committed to Greco, as much as I admire and respect what he's done, his folkstyle days are behind him. JMHO.

boowrestle

Drivingforce,u have to be the most negative person on this forum,its amazing how knowledable you are at wrestling and both NFL and college football ???.Cant wait till high school wrestling season starts so you can bless us all with your negativity!!!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

aarons23

Quote from: Drivingforce on September 22, 2013, 07:27:43 PM
He is reminding me of another guy from Sconny, Garrett Lowney. Goes to Olympics after signing up with Minny. Spends most of another year redshirting. And then, recruits his own replacement.........a smallish guy by the name of Cole Konrad. Class act.

Should've stuck with folkstyle. JT is a freakishly great talent but he's committed to Greco, as much as I admire and respect what he's done, his folkstyle days are behind him. JMHO.

I am fairly certain Jesse comes on this forum and reads these types of comments...the great thing is Jesse is very driven...and comments like this only drive him further.  Folk style is not behind Jesse....I believe Jesse will achieve his goals in Folkstyle...but keep doubting....it will only help him.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

zugzoo

So in essence, drivingforce should be attributed with Jesse's success.. because these comments fuel him right?
Quote from: howaviYour reward for winning Sectionals: Weston Olund Merrill 11-2 12  vs Jesse Thielke Germantown 39-1 10

aarons23

Quote from: zugzoo on September 22, 2013, 07:55:40 PM
So in essence, drivingforce should be attributed with Jesse's success.. because these comments fuel him right?

I think many athletes are driven by doubters....does that mean he couldn't do it without....no....but knowing Jesses determination....I do believe it could  fuel his desires. 

I also remember a story about Ben Askrin and doubters on this forum...I forget who told me ...but was funny at the end.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Todd

And you base this silly opinion on what?
"This page intentionally left blank".

Kevin Black

One of the great things about Jesse competing at the World Championships this year is that he's gaining valuable experience at a young age.  He competed at Junior Worlds multiple times and those experiences had him ready to compete this year in his first senior-level worlds.  One concern I have with our system is that guys make the world team for the first time in the last half of their 20's or older and don't have the time to grow and learn.  Many of the first time medalists are in their first half of their 20's with 2-3 years of international competition on the junior level and 1-2 years at the senior.  Jesse is on the right track (so is Ellis Coleman) and we haven't had that in Greco-Roman for a long time.  Garrett Lowney, Dennis Hall and Brandon Paulson all made the team very young and have Olympic medals.
Isaiah 26:8

bkraus

Quote from: Todd on September 23, 2013, 08:27:27 AM

To be honest I fear this as well.  I am thinking about Dennis Hall.  I know they are two different people, but it is almost the same scenario.  Dennis left for the USOTC and Greco.  Some fear Jesse could do the same.  I think it is a legitimate concern.
Strive for Perfection

Todd

Quote from: bkraus on September 23, 2013, 08:38:21 AM
Quote from: Todd on September 23, 2013, 08:27:27 AM

To be honest I fear this as well.  I am thinking about Dennis Hall.  I know they are two different people, but it is almost the same scenario.  Dennis left for the USOTC and Greco.  Some fear Jesse could do the same.  I think it is a legitimate concern.

Sorry but Dennis and Jesse are two differnent people.  On the mat they're both beasts I think Dennis was built for Greco though and academically I just didn't see Dennis sticking it out.  Doesn't make it better or worse, just different.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Handles II

so if Jessie does commit to Greco, it's bad for Badger fans, but good for Him, the U.S. and Greco. While I'd love to see him win multiple NCAA titles as a Badger, it's his life and we should back him on either decision.

Kevin Black

Jesse could be a catalyst that leads to collegiate stars choosing to compete in Greco-Roman at the senior level.  Ryan Mango is another relevant collegiate wrestler who chooses GR in the off season and their weight class is exciting as a result.  Something Coach Fraser has desperately been hoping for over the past 10 years is for individuals to choose GR during the off season.  As it stands right now, many believe they must commit solely to GR to be successful, which might not be accurate.  It sure would be good for GR, as a whole, if some of the country's best Folkstyle wrestlers decided to compete in GR and I think fans would be excited to watch the likes of Thielke, Mango, Wright, Dake, etc.
Isaiah 26:8