WIAA State

Started by DocWrestling, September 06, 2013, 11:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

I just read that girls volleyball will have state championship matches on live TV on Fox sports Wisconsin.  This is the first time as they have been web streamed in the past.

Is there anything in the works for wrestling?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

bkraus

Does Volleyball have one game going at a time, or are there multiple divisions going at once? 

I think that is the kicker for wrestling.  Three divisions at once, plus time in between matches for awards.  I think it would make it hard for casual viewers to follow.  As well as most die hards are in the arena too, not watching on TV.  Would be great to see, but I am not sure how they would pull it off.
Strive for Perfection

boowrestle

What Division would they show???Pretty sure volleyball,like basketball runs 1 game at a time
you can run but you cannot hide.

bigoil

Quote from: bkraus on September 06, 2013, 01:03:40 PM
Does Volleyball have one game going at a time, or are there multiple divisions going at once? 

I think that is the kicker for wrestling.  Three divisions at once, plus time in between matches for awards.  I think it would make it hard for casual viewers to follow.  As well as most die hards are in the arena too, not watching on TV.  Would be great to see, but I am not sure how they would pull it off.

I'm guessing there are more wrestling diehard that stay home, than volleyball diehards that would even attend let alone watch TV.

woody53

It is all about a sponsor to front the telecast. Yes they have only one division going at a time in the finals. That is not what is keeping the Wrestling from being live.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

SP_Coach

Too bad a handful of companies cannot come together to sponsor the finals on TV.

They could feature a match per weight class with smaller screen shots of the other two. Then cut away as the matches conclude. Iowa has been doing it forever...would be awesome. I am a believer that the stands would continue to be packed at the Kohl Center even if it was teleivsed. Just gives people more oppurtunity to see good wrestling if they cannot make it down to Madison.

bigoil

What would the cost be, any idea Woody?

woody53

Quote from: howavi on September 09, 2013, 05:50:37 PM
What would the cost be, any idea Woody?
Don't have a clue on that. Not part of that information meeting.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!