New School Year

Started by bkraus, August 29, 2013, 01:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkraus

So prepping for the upcoming school year, and what a better way then to spend time here reading!  Boy I miss this during the summer...  Bring on the students!
Strive for Perfection

Ghetto

I am sweating my can off right now in my room. 87 degrees!!!! Yaaayyyyy!!!!

So happy to be back!!! Then from 5 to 7 I'm gonna still be here alone for open house. YaaaayyyyY!!!!

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

You guys bring back some great memories.  After 3 years of retirement, the beginning of the school year still feels weird.  I'll be thinking about you guys when I'm musky fishing next week.   ;)   Have a great school year!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Ghetto

Two retirees have shown up today to reminisce and help set up classrooms. Then after an hour, they were gone...  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

I know you'll be thinking of the kids and adults who work with them. Don't be talkin' this musky stuff. Hope you catch one; but every other moment you'll be thinking of the school. I know you better 'n dat.

Maybe if you flipped burgers, you wouldn't miss it (though I love to time our burgers just right)and stuff. Not when you work with kids. I think I'll die thinking about this or that kid; maybe my own.

Palease! They consume you. Good thing by which to be consumed.  :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on August 29, 2013, 06:49:10 PM
I know you'll be thinking of the kids and adults who work with them. Don't be talkin' this musky stuff. Hope you catch one; but every other moment you'll be thinking of the school. I know you better 'n dat.

Maybe if you flipped burgers, you wouldn't miss it (though I love to time our burgers just right)and stuff. Not when you work with kids. I think I'll die thinking about this or that kid; maybe my own.

Palease! They consume you. Good thing by which to be consumed.  :)

You hit the nail on the head.  Once a teacher; always a teacher.  My mom recently passed away.  She retired in 1988.  Some of her former elementary students contacted the family to express their condolences, as well as their appreciation for the caring attention she focused upon them.  One of them says she was inspired to become a teacher because of Mom's example.  What better legacy could one hope for?   8) 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Kjohnson

Not a big fan of the start of the school year, everyone is still in summer mode., including the weather. After about 2 weeks we get back to our school routine and it feels like you never left.  It always amazes me  how fast the first 2 months go and then it is time to start thinking wrestling.

Looking forward this year to watching a few different teams. I have friends that have their sons wrestling for schools I normally don

bigG

I just hate all the paperwork. Love being crowded with kids. HATE the paperwork!!!!

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on August 30, 2013, 06:51:38 AM
I just hate all the paperwork. Love being crowded with kids. HATE the paperwork!!!!

That's why I sub.  Time with kids, minus all the paperwork (and no meetings)! 

bigG

I hear ya. Subbing is to teaching what grandparenting is to parenting.  :) Lucky duck.

bkraus

Quote from: imnofish on August 30, 2013, 08:29:51 AM

And it is not too hard to push play on the DVD player either!   ;)
Strive for Perfection

imnofish

Quote from: bkraus on September 03, 2013, 09:51:30 AM
Quote from: imnofish on August 30, 2013, 08:29:51 AM

And it is not too hard to push play on the DVD player either!   ;)

Not too excited about those types of sub lesson plans.  That's why I only sub at my home school, where they know me and trust me to actually teach.