Mark Hall

Started by TomM, August 21, 2013, 08:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Prep wrestling: Mark Hall to return to Apple Valley next year as three-time state champ

By Tim Leighton
tleighton@pioneerpress.com
Posted:   03/02/2013 12:01:00 AM CST
http://www.twincities.com/ci_22704763/apple-valley-wrestling-star-return-sophomore-year

Hall said Saturday, March 2, that he plans to return to Apple Valley for his sophomore year. He said the pursuit of Minnesota high school wrestling history is a daily motivator and the primary reason he plans to return to Apple Valley rather than accept an invitation to train full time with the U.S. wrestling team at the Olympic training facility in Colorado Springs, Colo.

The Prodigy: Mark Hall II (episode one)
by Kyle Bogart on August 19, 2013
http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251044-The-Prodigy/video/719970-The-Prodigy-Mark-Hall-II-episode-one

In episode one of The Prodigy, phenom Mark Hall gives you an inside like at his training and day-to-day life in Davison, Michigan. A soon to be sophomore, Hall has accomplished more than almost any other wrestler in the country. He's had to sacrifice a lot too. Go behind the scenes with this young guru as he gives you an inside look at his training and discusses his moving all over the country to achieve his goals.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

Seems like a great kid.

I like that his dad makes him take time off. While the grind is great, wearing out can lead to injuries long term and possibly ruin a career.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

Good to see him taking the opportunity to fully enjoy his prep wrestling opportunities.  He will never regret it.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I think you nailed it, Ghetto. If this kid is going to stay great, it's about perspective and having some other loves outside of wrestling. Neat kid. Hope he achieves his dreams.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.