Lampe Wins Gold in Poland

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, August 12, 2013, 09:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Wrestlologist

Congratulations.  I look forward to posts about this young lady.  She is quite the athlete.  I wish her success in the future.  I enjoyed watching her win Oshkosh on the Water tournament and at the State WIAA Tournament a few years ago.
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

bigG

She's a tough nut. Easy to cheer for. Props!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

The US has both her and Anthony at the same weight. Both tough as heck. Anthony took third but lost to Lampe in the semis.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

As I understand it, Anthony is slated to move up a weight.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Ghetto

She's going to be at 51 for worlds, but with only 6 weights in the Olympics she's gonna have to make a big jump up
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

Quote from: Ghetto on August 13, 2013, 12:11:15 PM
She's going to be at 51 for worlds, but with only 6 weights in the Olympics she's gonna have to make a big jump up

That stinks more than I can possibly describe.  What they're doing with the weight classes for all of the international wrestling is just awful.
"This page intentionally left blank".

imnofish

Quote from: Todd on August 13, 2013, 04:49:18 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on August 13, 2013, 12:11:15 PM

That stinks more than I can possibly describe.  What they're doing with the weight classes for all of the international wrestling is just awful.

Essentially, they are kicking the sport (and its athletes) while it's down.   >:(
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

MarkK

No they are "making it more exciting."
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

imnofish

Quote from: MarkK on August 20, 2013, 01:31:41 AM
No they are "making it more exciting."

Yes, some people find it exciting to kick someone while they are down.

MarkK

I'm being sarcastic-   they  have undermined the sport for various reasons
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

imnofish

Quote from: MarkK on August 22, 2013, 10:11:18 AM
I'm being sarcastic-   they  have undermined the sport for various reasons

Yeah, I got that.  We were both being sarcastic.   8)

bigG

I'd love to know the real motives behind all this foolishness. Ya hear this and that; but I haven't even looked into it. Shame on me. I live for this stuff.

Got some leads, Mark. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm pretty chaffed at this silly development.

The whole sport is gettin' it's oil checked.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Kevin Black

It's too bad this thread became about anything other than Alyssa Lampe. 

If anyone is interested, Alyssa looks fantastic right now in the final national team training camp.  She wrestled very well in Poland as well as two other international tournaments since making the team this year.  Following the final camp, the team will leave for an acclimation camp in Paris on September 9th.  They arrive in Budapest for the World Championships on the 15th.  Alyssa weighs-in on the 17th and competes on the 18th.
Isaiah 26:8

Todd

Quote from: Kevin Black on August 27, 2013, 11:05:47 PM
It's too bad this thread became about anything other than Alyssa Lampe. 

If anyone is interested, Alyssa looks fantastic right now in the final national team training camp.  She wrestled very well in Poland as well as two other international tournaments since making the team this year.  Following the final camp, the team will leave for an acclimation camp in Paris on September 9th.  They arrive in Budapest for the World Championships on the 15th.  Alyssa weighs-in on the 17th and competes on the 18th.

I think we're all rooting for Alyssa and understand what a talent and is a great representation for WI wrestling.  I try to catch her matches streaming or after the fact on Flo.

I wish her all the luck in her future matches and goals although with all the work she puts in, she doesn't need the luck, she's got the skill!
"This page intentionally left blank".