preble east wrestling

Started by statman, August 08, 2013, 04:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statman

my name is Rory Vanden Avond. i have been a coach at preble east wrestling for about 8 years and wrestled there in high school. this past spring my wife and i had to move to the twin cities for her schooling. when i left, the program was in great hands with kyle kleuskens as head coach and other coaches such as adam dorner, tyler jahn, joel neuville, and pat dewane. as the summer progressed i found out that kyle kleuskens will be leaving the program to join kaukauna with a new job teaching. adam dorner will be leaving because of a new job. pat dewane will most likely leave due to a new job. which leaves tyler jahn and joel neuville. even though they are great coaches, they cant do it alone. the program is in need of a new head coach and some great new assintants. this program has seen 4 new coaches come and go in the past 10 years and are currently looking for their fifth and hopefully final coach. the program needs stability.

the program has had consistant numbers of around 40-50 kids in the room every year. the program has had at least 1 state qualifier every year since 2001 including a number of placers and runner ups and a state champ. the team returns a number of talents including potential state champ evan garcia. it also has a booster club and feeder progams.

i have poured my heart and soul into this program and am very concerned with the future. i don't know what else i can do being so far away. i am reaching out to the wrestling community and help out the program i have dedicated so much time and emotion into. pease help!!!
they don't call me statman for nothin

cooch

Gotta Say any coach looking to have 3,000+ kids as a base to work off of might want to look at this job.  They have been a top 10 team a couple of times in the last 15 years. You have East high and Preble to tap into. 

statman - I'd post out of state as well. In my opinion with the right teacher/coach combination this could be a very, very good program. Just need to have more coaches in the schools everyday.
Be Unbeatable. Someone may score more points than you, but hold your head high, know you gave your all and go back to work.  That is being unbeatable.

statman

cooch

Quote from: statman on September 02, 2013, 06:41:08 PM
still no sign of a coach

Having worked in the GB school district; I am sure they are looking at a combined GB W/SW/E/P wrestling team.

The Wild Trojan Devil Hornets
(West Wild Cats, SW Trojans, East Red Devils & Preble Hornets)
Be Unbeatable. Someone may score more points than you, but hold your head high, know you gave your all and go back to work.  That is being unbeatable.

statman

this will never happen. east and west want out of the conference. i don't know about southwest but preble brings on average 40-45 kids every year without east. the only reason this would ever happen is because the 2 schools can't find coaches. which would be a really sad reason to coop.

digimon

Maybe a co-op can be formed with Merrill, SPASH, and Rapids. Then that D1 Sectional can have 22 teams represented instead of 16. ;D

statman