Brewers trade KRod

Started by Ghetto, July 23, 2013, 08:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

In one of many moves IMO, the Brewers traded their closer for a single A third basemen named Delmonico. The kid is a single A all star and hits left handed.

Ramirez is next IMO.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

I agree with ARAM also.

I believe Yonni G is also in the mix. Holding out for the big deal with him!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

velcroe

Guess it doesn't take much to be an All-Star in A ball because in two years his batting average is .245, but I guess that's 75 points higher than Maldonado.

Ghetto

Doesn't seem like much for a closer who they have next to nothing into financially.

DrSnide

Grea deal .  Got a kid who was ranked as the 4th best prospect in the Baltimore system for a reliever who wasn't even signed at the beginning of the season and will be a free agent at the end of a lost season. 

Apparently they are getting a 20 year old kid with good power and patience at the plate and good upside
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

mat time

he's a corner infielder. Now they need to pick up a second baseman.
Gold medals aren

DrSnide

Ramirez seems likely to be an August waiver trade deal.  Just won'  be healthy by the deadline

mat time

Quote from: DrSnide on July 23, 2013, 10:27:27 PM
Ramirez seems likely to be an August waiver trade deal.  Just won'  be healthy by the deadline

+1
Im sure they put their whole roster thru waivers. except for the new big 3.
Gold medals aren

Ghetto

Scooter Ginnett is the second basemen of the future. They are set there, I think.

They need young position players. Hard to see a kid hitting .249 as a future star, but ya never know.

DrSnide

I'm still not sold on Ginnett being more than an okay major leaguer.  

Heres a scouting reports on Delmonico - with video

http://baseballnewshound.com/?p=4329

from Scouting Book:

"A sixth round selection by the O's in 2011, catcher and third baseman Nick Delmonico probably has the best pure power bat in the Baltimore system, but it'll be a year or two before we know that for sure. Most intriguing is the reflection that his success in high school came mainly on the strength of his patience and selectivity at the plate: if that kind of discipline can be nurtured in pro ball, he could be a very powerful offensive force indeed. He's a few years away."

Houndhead

Quote from: DrSnide on July 24, 2013, 11:06:00 AM
I'm still not sold on Ginnett being more than an okay major leaguer.  

+1

Ghetto

As far as Ginett goes, second base doesn't have a be an offensive position. Can he defend the position well, and maybe hit .270? If he can, he's more than adequate.

It would be more production than we've ever gotten out of Weeks, who has/had all the tools to be great, but just hasn't produced at all.

The Brewers need to surround a few superstars with consistent players. We aren't the Yankees or Dodgers, etc. where we can just buy talent all the time.