Braun

Started by mickey, July 23, 2013, 01:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Quote from: Houndhead on July 24, 2013, 03:32:24 PM
Quote from: TomM on July 24, 2013, 12:29:45 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on July 23, 2013, 10:32:25 PM
Quote from: boowrestle on July 23, 2013, 09:36:41 PM
only got 65 games ,season is a wash will be back well rested next yr,considering the situation couldnt of worked out better
+1
Not to mention he destroyed a mans career and life in the process of denial and lies.  But hey, he's a major leaguer... let's let it go.
The Brewers owner can send an unprecedented message to the rest of professional sports by ending the team's relationship with Ryan Braun.
Disregarding the current chain of events, It is not Braun's fault that the courier did not do his job correctly. If he would have, Braun would have been guilty the first time.
You have a point... although it is a technicality
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

mickey

Just tell us what you were using! ???

Todd

Quote from: RockVikings on July 23, 2013, 01:26:40 PM
He does need to come out and tell all. I just highly doubt it he has been pretty quiet through the media since the first "failed test." He owes it to the fans, and the league.

I think his lies are worse than whatever he did.  That said, now that he's obviously reached a compromise with MLB he'd be stupid to say anything more about what he did.  He accepted what MLB had to offer.  I'm sure both parties wanted this to be over.  Braun facing 100+ game suspension, MLB having to show exactly how Braun was implicated.  I don't think either will say exactly what happened.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Todd

only got 65 games ,season is a wash will be back well rested next yr,considering the situation couldnt of worked out better

Absolutely.

Todd

Quote from: TomM on July 24, 2013, 12:29:45 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on July 23, 2013, 10:32:25 PM

+1

Not to mention he destroyed a mans career and life in the process of denial and lies.  But hey, he's a major leaguer... let's let it go.
The Brewers owner can send an unprecedented message to the rest of professional sports by ending the team's relationship with Ryan Braun.

Regardless of what happened the fact remains that the courier mishandled the sample.  He didn't follow procedure.  Braun ran with that fact to win his appeal.

littleguy301

Quote from: howavi on July 23, 2013, 10:26:50 PM
LG, I can't believe Jordan was ever close to that weight. I googled and all I can find is 218, he weighed 263 a few months ago after being on vacation it said. He is now trying to get back down to 218.

Google him with the washington wizards. When he retired for the second time he talks about golfing, running the wizards and basically not being in shape. Maybe the 280 mark was a tad high but he was very noticeable bigger when he started his comeback with the Wizards. He also played a more down low game at that time.

When the mitchell report broke several years ago the "experts" on ESPN started talking about athletes with big weight gain through their careers and one of the "experts" talked about Jordan. I dismissed that one but it made for an interesting discussion.

My point is with McGwire is the fact he is in the 6'6 range and weighing around the 240 mark isnt all that impressive or uncommon.

I did not say in the first post I made, while I DO believe McGwire was taking the extra stuff not sure what but yes he was on something but I was pointing out that he was a bigger guy to start with and I dont believe he changed much from his rookie year to his last year. He was trimmer though, the last time I was close to him in person.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

Quote from: Todd on July 24, 2013, 06:09:40 PM
Quote from: RockVikings on July 23, 2013, 01:26:40 PM
He does need to come out and tell all. I just highly doubt it he has been pretty quiet through the media since the first "failed test." He owes it to the fans, and the league.

I think his lies are worse than whatever he did.  That said, now that he's obviously reached a compromise with MLB he'd be stupid to say anything more about what he did.  He accepted what MLB had to offer.  I'm sure both parties wanted this to be over.  Braun facing 100+ game suspension, MLB having to show exactly how Braun was implicated.  I don't think either will say exactly what happened.

During last nights game, Mark A basically stated that Braun was told by MLB to not speak about this until their investigation of other players is complete.

Houndhead

Quote from: littleguy301 on July 25, 2013, 05:03:13 AM
LG, I can't believe Jordan was ever close to that weight. I googled and all I can find is 218, he weighed 263 a few months ago after being on vacation it said. He is now trying to get back down to 218.

Google him with the washington wizards. When he retired for the second time he talks about golfing, running the wizards and basically not being in shape. Maybe the 280 mark was a tad high but he was very noticeable bigger when he started his comeback with the Wizards. He also played a more down low game at that time.

When the mitchell report broke several years ago the "experts" on ESPN started talking about athletes with big weight gain through their careers and one of the "experts" talked about Jordan. I dismissed that one but it made for an interesting discussion.

My point is with McGwire is the fact he is in the 6'6 range and weighing around the 240 mark isnt all that impressive or uncommon.

I did not say in the first post I made, while I DO believe McGwire was taking the extra stuff not sure what but yes he was on something but I was pointing out that he was a bigger guy to start with and I dont believe he changed much from his rookie year to his last year. He was trimmer though, the last time I was close to him in person.

http://www.beforeafters.com/people/fitness-exercise/muscle-gains/mark-mcgwire-on-steroids/

Roo

MLB could end this whole thing easily. Make PED use the same as gambling, you get caught you are banned for life. If they don't want to do that, then let the players use whatever they want and let the fans decide if they want to continue to support the game.

mickey

I read about a "leak" from ESPN this morning that Braun became a client of Bosch in 2011. Bosch was providing him with a PED that was in the form of a "Gummy Bear". The "candy" dissolves under the tongue and is supposedly is untraceable within hours after it dissolves. If this is true it means that Braun was called to test either before or immediately after a game.

littleguy301

Quote from: Houndhead on July 25, 2013, 06:23:04 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on July 25, 2013, 05:03:13 AM

http://www.beforeafters.com/people/fitness-exercise/muscle-gains/mark-mcgwire-on-steroids/

That is something to behold.

I remember in the early 90's going to a twins game and McGwire can out with a sleeveless shirt and I was pretty impressed with his build. While some my think he was a monster I thought of him as pretty trim and cut not bulging at the seems with monster muscles. Now after watching McGwire do some BP in a sleveless shirt, Jose C came out with NO shirt on and at that time there was no doubt in my mind that Jose C was juicing. He made McGwire look just small!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jose was just as ripped as McGwire but at least 20-30 pounds bigger also!!!!!

I have never doubted that McGwire took anything, I just in my mind do NOT think he was a monster by any means.

He was know for his power out of college and he was into weight lifting then. I think over the years he dropped bodyfat and increase muscle and by the time he was hitting 70 HR he was built very well and in very good shape.

HH,,,,by your picture you can see that the young McGwire was smaller but a very similar build and like I said before I am not doubting and never have that he had some help.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Of the guys suspended today, Braun was the only one who wasn't Hispanic in surname. Not saying anything other than it is interesting.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

padre

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9574808/lawsuit-ryan-braun-alleges-college-doping-fraud

Getting ugly.  He really would be best off to come out clean on everything....fans have a short memory for athletes that do so.

I think it would be hilarious if he spilled the beans on A-Rod with all things coming out of that camp...probably not going to happen but would spice things up. ;D

Of course he's going to lie about all of this leading up to the suspension....makes him look foolish but there have been sooooo many before him that have done the same in many sports.  The old saying from racing "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin" comes to mind.

If he came out and said he'd been juicing since high school or college I think people would forgive much sooner than if he blows smoke and just says he did it for a bit in 2011.  There is going to be A-Rod news for quite some time and full truth will make him look like a good guy that was trying to earn a living and people won't think about it as much as they watch the demise of A-Rod.

bigoil

He is supposedly talking about how he used PEDs in his MVP season. We shall see how forthright he is. I agree, it'd be better to blow us away with more than we thought, we will then believe and forgive.

Todd

I suspect he's just going to say he used PED's to get over that injury which I think is probably B.S.  It seems more and more is pointing towards Braun's true character as being a cheating liar for a long time.   If his friends account is accurate and he committed academic violations as well as violating NCAA regs while trashing others and denying his own involvement I don't care if he would ever play another game for The Brewers.