Braun

Started by mickey, July 23, 2013, 01:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickey

Pretty disheartening. I want to know exactly what he was using. I never thought it was true simply by comparing him to the Bonds of the world. Bonds and Big Mac were 180 pounds and change in the beginning who morphed into the Hulk sans the green skin.....Is Bud Selig the Cotton Mather of the 21st century?  Soon aspirin might be considered an "enhancer".

RockVikings

He does need to come out and tell all. I just highly doubt it he has been pretty quiet through the media since the first "failed test." He owes it to the fans, and the league.

cooch

The common talk I hear on sports radio is everyone in the major sports in America is on something.  The sport just puts a cap on what is Too Much.  I heard a couple of days ago that baseball is 4 times over average, football is 6 times over.  The ex football player said that the football limit is like comparing a VW bug to a Lamborghini.

Braun and the other players went over the legal limit, kinda like being caught drunk driving.  You can have .079 but .08 is too high. I couldn't care less, my kid has a Braun jersey, its not because he is a friend or someone we have meet and liked.  Its because he is one of the best in the MLB.

For anyone to even think a pro player is "natural" in this day and age is ridiculous.  Heck I see the stuff high school kids are taking, they may "only be on creatine, energy drinks or protein shakes" but, its not like they are just eating their meat and potatoes to get strength. Heck I know youth wrestlers that take protein & creatine shakes.

My bottom line is, I don't care what Pro's and Division 1 athletes take.  They are there for my entertainment, they should be able to take whatever they want to entertain me.  If its an illegal drug its up to law enforcement to stop the activity. 
Be Unbeatable. Someone may score more points than you, but hold your head high, know you gave your all and go back to work.  That is being unbeatable.

Ghetto

There was no way MLB was going to let him get away with it. They were going to hunt down any possible info on Braun til they got him.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Quote from: mickey on July 23, 2013, 01:20:27 PM
Pretty disheartening. I want to know exactly what he was using. I never thought it was true simply by comparing him to the Bonds of the world. Bonds and Big Mac were 180 pounds and change in the beginning who morphed into the Hulk sans the green skin.....Is Bud Selig the Cotton Mather of the 21st century?  Soon aspirin might be considered an "enhancer".

McGwire was listed at 6'5" and 225 as a rookie. Yes he may have been 180 at some point in his life but not after  high school that is for sure.

I stood next to McGwire once, talk and very very lean. Massive forearms (unbelievable to say the least) but that was about the only thing on his body that was out of the ordanary large. at that time he weighed 245 and for someone that is in the 6'6" range is not to much. LeBron James is 6'8" and in the 275 range and much bigger than McGwire was.

Bonds and Sosa started there careers on the skinny end for sure and by the end of there careers they were large men.

How about Micheal Jordan, started his playing career at 6'6" and 185 and the last year at the Wizards he played in the 260-280 range. So if McGwire was a complete monster at 6'6" and 245,,,,what would you call Micheal Jordan at the end of his career?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

boowrestle

only got 65 games ,season is a wash will be back well rested next yr,considering the situation couldnt of worked out better
you can run but you cannot hide.

bigoil

LG, I can't believe Jordan was ever close to that weight. I googled and all I can find is 218, he weighed 263 a few months ago after being on vacation it said. He is now trying to get back down to 218.

Ghetto

Quote from: boowrestle on July 23, 2013, 09:36:41 PM
only got 65 games ,season is a wash will be back well rested next yr,considering the situation couldnt of worked out better

+1

TomM

Quote from: Ghetto on July 23, 2013, 10:32:25 PM

+1

Not to mention he destroyed a mans career and life in the process of denial and lies.  But hey, he's a major leaguer... let's let it go.
The Brewers owner can send an unprecedented message to the rest of professional sports by ending the team's relationship with Ryan Braun.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigoil

The courier?

I think you are jumping to a harsh conclusion Tom. Clearly there is writing on the wall and I doubt we will ever get the straight scoop that said this isn't a trial.

mat time

His connection to bio genesis is why he tested high 2 years ago, he got off on a technicality. he still tested with elevated levels of testosterone. he's probably been clean since. but im sure he consulted with Bosch during his appeal process. probably wanted to know why it showed high levels. IMO!!!!.
Gold medals aren

TomM

ok...  I was repeating what someone else told me about ruining a life.  I think the courier company/people. Not railing on you Ghetto...  8)
Cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat... that is what is going on all over the spectrum at most levels. If, in fact, PED use is cheating as defined by whom ever, then there is cheating in almost all sports.  I am aware of people "caught" and sometimes "punished" in pro and amateur sports of baseball, football, track and field, wrestling, bicycling... you name it. 
Here, in my opinion, is the thing(s)...
What do we think of all this PED use?
We would see shorter careers of many athletes.  I never used anything except aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen and naproxen for the aches and pains of hard work in athletics etc.  (along with ice and heat).  I could not compete physically after a very early age (of course I was not very good to begin with and you get slower by the day.).  I can not imagine the wear and tear (resulting in discomfort/pain etc.) on people playing 162+ (more or less) baseball games, over 80 basketball games, almost 20 football games, peddling the tour de France at full throttle, running at full speed for great distances ... and just the training alone for these activities/professions.  I'd say from 18 to 23 years of age, the body compensates (in my experience), but after that bruises last for weeks not a day, injuries no longer heal in a couple days.  You get pounded day after day/week after week and only those few people with a pain threshold that doesn't scream are able to compete at a high level after that young age. 

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

mickey

Quote from: littleguy301 on July 23, 2013, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: mickey on July 23, 2013, 01:20:27 PM

McGwire was listed at 6'5" and 225 as a rookie. Yes he may have been 180 at some point in his life but not after  high school that is for sure.

I stood next to McGwire once, talk and very very lean. Massive forearms (unbelievable to say the least) but that was about the only thing on his body that was out of the ordanary large. at that time he weighed 245 and for someone that is in the 6'6" range is not to much. LeBron James is 6'8" and in the 275 range and much bigger than McGwire was.

Bonds and Sosa started there careers on the skinny end for sure and by the end of there careers they were large men.

How about Micheal Jordan, started his playing career at 6'6" and 185 and the last year at the Wizards he played in the 260-280 range. So if McGwire was a complete monster at 6'6" and 245,,,,what would you call Micheal Jordan at the end of his career?

When McGwire hit 50 (or was it 49) as a rookie he sure didn't look like 225. I remember seeing him at Count Stadium when he played for the A'S...HE WAS A "BUGGY WHIP".

Ghetto

I have no doubts that Braun used. I'd say the issue is rampant in every sport today played beyond the high school level. Not condoning it, but his bust hardly shocks me.

In fact, there was no question in my mind MLB would hunt far and wide til they got him.

I think that testing is a farce. If it was legit it would ruin professional sports as we know it.

Houndhead

Quote from: TomM on July 24, 2013, 12:29:45 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on July 23, 2013, 10:32:25 PM

+1

Not to mention he destroyed a mans career and life in the process of denial and lies.  But hey, he's a major leaguer... let's let it go.
The Brewers owner can send an unprecedented message to the rest of professional sports by ending the team's relationship with Ryan Braun.

Disregarding the current chain of events, It is not Braun's fault that the courier did not do his job correctly. If he would have, Braun would have been guilty the first time.