Beau Breske finals match at freestyle Fargo

Started by leg turk, July 22, 2013, 02:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockVikings

wrestler133

madeyson

That is impressive - tech fall with more than a minute to go in first period!

whatever

Geeez, he made that look easy......I think I use more energy putting my shoes on than Breske did in that match.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Drivingforce

Alright, Beau Breske is an incredible talent, and I'm a fan, but let's not deify the kid. I just watched 2 of his matches at ASICS cadets where he was teched in :45 and :24 seconds. He's an outstanding talent with an incredible future(POTENTIALLY). Let's just keep it in perspective. He's not Jesse Thielke or Alex Dieringer---yet. Gotta remember JT stopped wrestling in the states(except for HS folkstyle) as a high school junior, no competition. I doubt that will happen here. AD is a beast on an entirely different level. Tougher weight classes with double the kids. Just saying, Beau could be that good- but let's wait and see.

Not being negative, just a voice of reason.

I'm sure I'll get heat for these comments but that's OK.

Ghetto

I'm not sure where he'll end up in the whole scheme of things, but two things:

He won a state title at 152 when he was 14 years old. According to the video, he still isn't 15.

He's clearly not cutting any weight.

I agree that we can't put him in rarified air, but you'd have to agree that he's in good shape to win some more WI state titles, and who knows what will happen nationally.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Drivingforce

Quote from: Ghetto on July 30, 2013, 10:11:36 PM

He won a state title at 152 when he was 14 years old. According to the video, he still isn't 15.

I agree that we can't put him in rarified air, but you'd have to agree that he's in good shape to win some more WI state titles, and who knows what will happen nationally.
Ghetto, sounds like you're sort of echoing what I said. He's great, but let's wait and see. The heavier weights are thinner and yes, my understanding is he'll be 15 in August.

Now, I have a question that no one in Wisconsin will be able to answer. How is it, Mark Hall of AV is still wrestling as a cadet when he was in 8th grade 3 years ago? I've heard the kid is already 18. He wrestled at Cheesehead as an 8th grader when my kid was a junior. What's up with that? Help me believe there isn't something fishy going on there.

wrestling for fun

Quote from: Drivingforce on July 30, 2013, 10:18:15 PM

Ghetto, sounds like you're sort of echoing what I said. He's great, but let's wait and see. The heavier weights are thinner and yes, my understanding is he'll be 15 in August.

Now, I have a question that no one in Wisconsin will be able to answer. How is it, Mark Hall of AV is still wrestling as a cadet when he was in 8th grade 3 years ago? I've heard the kid is already 18. He wrestled at Cheesehead as an 8th grader when my kid was a junior. What's up with that? Help me believe there isn't something fishy going on there.
Mark Hall was born in January of 1997. To be in USAW Cadet division you have to be born in 1997 or 1998.

Dont believe everything you hear.  He is not 18, he is 16.   

Drivingforce

Quote from: wrestling for fun on July 30, 2013, 10:53:53 PM
Quote from: Drivingforce on July 30, 2013, 10:18:15 PM

Mark Hall was born in January of 1997. To be in USAW Cadet division you have to be born in 1997 or 1998.

Dont believe everything you hear.  He is not 18, he is 16.   
Thanks for the clarification, what year is he in HS then, a junior this year(fall) or an early senior. I'm curious because he's been wrestling HS for 4 years already.

padre

He will be a sophomore.  Remember you can wrestle varsity in MN while in junior high.  I believe this will be his 3rd year at Apple Valley.

Ghetto

I am echoing his thoughts. I should have said and, not but. I hate to put kids on that pedestal where they can only fail.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

jbnbo

Quote from: coconut joe on July 31, 2013, 12:33:00 AM
Quote from: Drivingforce on July 30, 2013, 09:53:11 PM
Alright, Beau Breske is an incredible talent, and I'm a fan, but let's not deify the kid. I just watched 2 of his matches at ASICS cadets where he was teched in :45 and :24 seconds. He's an outstanding talent with an incredible future(POTENTIALLY). Let's just keep it in perspective. He's not Jesse Thielke or Alex Dieringer---yet. Gotta remember JT stopped wrestling in the states(except for HS folkstyle) as a high school junior, no competition. I doubt that will happen here. AD is a beast on an entirely different level. Tougher weight classes with double the kids. Just saying, Beau could be that good- but let's wait and see.

Not being negative, just a voice of reason.

I'm sure I'll get heat for these comments but that's OK.

is this the first time in your life that you've been a voice of reason?

I think you mean Fila cadets not asics cadets, do you know the difference.
8)
he lost to Hall 3-2 at asics.

moels

Here's my opinion, and I've been told it counts for nothing.  :P

Breske will be a 4 timer. His only losses will be to out of state kids if he has any. Say what you want about the higher weights being thinner in talent........there are some absolute hammers in those middle to upper weights. Winning both styles at Fargo and giving up only 1 point through both styles ( while winning OW ) should tell you that this kid is for real. Watching him (via computer) at Fargo.....he's put on some size and looks like a beast already at 14. Seems like a very bright young man as well.