RIP Schoep

Started by Kjohnson, July 19, 2013, 10:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on September 20, 2013, 07:29:07 PM
Quote from: imnofish on September 19, 2013, 11:09:30 AM
What a coincidence!  My dog is baking my birthday cake right now!   ;)

Now that is a thought ;D

It was an ice cream cake, too.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on September 22, 2013, 07:35:03 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on September 20, 2013, 07:29:07 PM
Quote from: imnofish on September 19, 2013, 11:09:30 AM
What a coincidence!  My dog is baking my birthday cake right now!   ;)

Now that is a thought ;D

It was an ice cream cake, too.   ;D

For my dogs birthday for as many years as he has been with us (11 1/2 years) I have gotten him an ice cream cake. This year he had his normal portion and puked it up. I guess with age he cannt handle that amount of sweets.

By the way, my boy is allergic to chilli cheese fritos. Found that one out the hard way :o

Now that the old boy has out lived the average age of a bulldog I have intro duced some chocolate from time to time. Man he loves it and all I can think of is Ron White talking about his bulldog.

Side Note: my old boy would only drink water, he didnt like pop, beer or anything else but I discovered he LOVES chocolate milk!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Chocolate is poisonous for dogs.   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on September 22, 2013, 07:46:14 PM

Yes I know that.

I am not trying to hurt my dog though some may think I am.

This is my reasoning for it and remember from time to time I give him some chocolate.

The average bulldog life is around 8-9 years. Mine is 12 1/2 and heck he has lived a great live and still in good shape, so I say let him have some sins!!!!!

plus my being diabetic, I rarely have chocolate but if I do I share some with him. It is bad for both of us so I feel better that someone else is enjoying a "sin" with me ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TomM

In Bayfield this weekend and the picture is on walls of some businesses. 
Moving story to me.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/19/schoep-the-arthritic-dog-made-famous-in-viral-photo-dies-at-age-20/
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on September 22, 2013, 08:01:33 PM
Quote from: imnofish on September 22, 2013, 07:46:14 PM

Yes I know that.

I am not trying to hurt my dog though some may think I am.

This is my reasoning for it and remember from time to time I give him some chocolate.

The average bulldog life is around 8-9 years. Mine is 12 1/2 and heck he has lived a great live and still in good shape, so I say let him have some sins!!!!!

plus my being diabetic, I rarely have chocolate but if I do I share some with him. It is bad for both of us so I feel better that someone else is enjoying a "sin" with me ;D

I hear ya'.  My brother adopted an abused dog from the shelter and it survived for about the same as your bulldog.  The dog ate everything that was bad for it, but still lived a long time.  Must have been a genetic freak.  I suspect he was a closet drinker and smoker, too.   ;)