RIP Schoep

Started by Kjohnson, July 19, 2013, 10:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

I had to go to work early yesterday morning, so I had no time to walk our dog.  Instead, I put some training pads down, which our dog knows she can use if needed.  When I returned home after 9 PM, she greeted me at the door by begging to take a walk.  The pads were unused.  That dog must have a secret storage compartment...   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I've had 16 hour days when my pal had to hold it. You would think he'd be at the door just dying to pee. He was always more interested in giving me a warm welcome than relieving himself. He put me before pee. What a guy!

ramjet

Quote from: TomM on September 17, 2013, 06:29:19 PM
Anyone ever deal with raccoon feces? I understand and have read about parasites etc... how prevalent is that?  Would you use hay bales from a barn that had raccoons living in it?  I ask because I have access to some bales that were in a barn with raccoons that had a den in there... The barn was knocked down and there is one area with a lot of feces in it... but the rest looks ok on the north side of the barn.  Am I better off passing on it?

I would not eat it if I were you at least not without some salad dressing. O that was cruel

What are you using it for bedding? Horse or cattle feed?

For Dog bedding I like cedar chips keeps the bugs at bay they hate cedar chips.

bigG

Cedar chips are worth it. Bugs hate cedar and your pooch'll smell great. Okay, that sounds weird when I say it aloud.

I think if your using it for goat bedding or something like that, you're good. If it's old hay that's been exposed, don't forget that , along with feces, you're dealing with mold and other nasties.

TomM

This was to be used next summer for weed block between rows in the vegetable gardens.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on September 18, 2013, 07:04:25 AM
I've had 16 hour days when my pal had to hold it. You would think he'd be at the door just dying to pee. He was always more interested in giving me a warm welcome than relieving himself. He put me before pee. What a guy!

My old boy has gone 1 1/2 days holding it.

Before we adopted him he had a rough first 10 months of his life and that is why he will hold it. He will also not eat for days if I am not around. The biggest worry when I go to state wrestling is if my boy will eat. He will nibble a tad and take a couple of laps but he waits for his master to be around so he knows he will get feed again.

By the way, he doesnt like the heat or the cold so when it is around that 50 degree mark, he likes going outside.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

Quote from: TomM on September 18, 2013, 04:27:03 PM
This was to be used next summer for weed block between rows in the vegetable gardens.

Doesn't hay have allot weeds and seeds in it?

I like the commercial stuff in a roll it lets water in keeps weeds back no sun no grow.

I use cedar exclusively in my dog houses. Although one is now empty as my very good bird dog had to be put down early this summer 12 years old and thousands of birds over that dog. Very sad day. Now the English setter we rescued along with the JRT are kings of the house. Both though are rather older in age so sadly we will have repeat within the next few years.  :'(

bigG

One of the worst days is when you have to put a dog down.

That roll stuff really does work.

I'm wondering if the hay would make a great mulch more than a weed stop sign.

The tomatoes right now are just perfect.

Kjohnson

Wow, Talk about being all over the place on a post. You guys take the cake.

ps Now don't start making comments about how to bake the best cake.

bigG

Uh-oh, I just saw a "don't"; which almost always has the opposite effect of the negative command.

My daughter is baking her own birthday cake for her friends this weekend. Gulp!

imnofish

What a coincidence!  My dog is baking my birthday cake right now!   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Kjohnson

Quote from: bigG on September 19, 2013, 11:05:17 AM
Uh-oh, I just saw a "don't"; which almost always has the opposite effect of the negative command.

My daughter is baking her own birthday cake for her friends this weekend. Gulp!

Lord, help me  ;D

bigG

If ya got any left, Lord, throw a little love this way, too. :)

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on September 19, 2013, 11:09:30 AM
What a coincidence!  My dog is baking my birthday cake right now!   ;)

Now that is a thought ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet