RIP Schoep

Started by Kjohnson, July 19, 2013, 10:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Never saw the photo. 20 years is  about as good as you get. I don't think I could ever get enough years out of my dog, though.

My guy just discovered the sun roof. Sticks his head up through it and ears and lips are flappin'. If dogs could drive, they'd all be riding motorcycles.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Nice shot. Man's best friend.

littleguy301

Man 20 years is huge in a dogs life.

Though besides receiving scratchs and giving love, they dont do alot but they sure make me happy!!!!!! Well I am talking about my 12 1/2 year old bulldog. Never did much but in his eyes he has had a hand in raising the children in the house ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Our little dog has such a sweet disposition that she has really captivated our hearts over the past 2 years.  She even made friends with the cat.   :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

My bud has added so much to our family enjoyment and togetherness, I can't see life without him.

littleguy301

My buddy is getting old and it makes me pretty sad at times. He still moves around pretty good but not very often. He doesnt climb the couches for naps, pretty much a floor guy now.

He still gets his shots in with the new puppy and I think he is training the little puppy in his own way. Not loud or mean but has his own pace.

Pretty amazing the communication dogs will have with each other. Kind of like the old fable of the father bull and son bull, goes will with my 2 dogs.

imnofish

Bet that's sweet to watch, LG.  We had that scenario once with an older cat and an orphaned kitten.  It's cool to see them pass the torch to the next generation, but kinda' sad, too.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

ya it is pretty sweet to watch.

Not sure if the torch is being passed because I think the old guy isnt done raising the children yet ;)

maggie

my Millie is now 3 and is the most spoiled dog in the world...right behind Shoep...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

I dunno. Midnite got it daaang good. House dog that has free access to about a thousand acres of woods and fields (and a barn full of critters). I reincarnation is the way it is, I know what I want to come back as.

Kjohnson

TomM

Anyone ever deal with raccoon feces? I understand and have read about parasites etc... how prevalent is that?  Would you use hay bales from a barn that had raccoons living in it?  I ask because I have access to some bales that were in a barn with raccoons that had a den in there... The barn was knocked down and there is one area with a lot of feces in it... but the rest looks ok on the north side of the barn.  Am I better off passing on it?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

I would pass but if you pick around and feel that some bales on the north side will be OK then go for it.

the problem is you will never get the stink out of the bales with feces and your right, might be carrying something not so good.