Taylor with the Bronze

Started by futurerichguy, July 12, 2013, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

futurerichguy

Not sure if anybody is following this, but David Taylor just won the bronze medal a the Summer Universiade in Kazan.  A little surprised, as I didn't think anybody at this level would touch Taylor, but he was tech falled by the Russian (Tcargush).

http://kazan2013.ru/en/st_events/schedule#/hide/en/-240/Comp/Info/ResultList/WRM274252

Denis Tcargush of Russia teched his way through the tournament. 

http://kazan2013.ru/en/st_events/schedule#/hide/en/-240/Participant/ParticipantInfo/2f0d6378-89d4-4d99-a3bb-6978ae7e826f

Todd

Maybe the Russian is on the Bluto Blutarski college plan.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Todd on July 12, 2013, 09:14:26 AM

Blutarski did eventually become a US Senator !! :-)
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

imnofish

Age is measured differently there - kind of like "dog years."  ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

hammen

I think the US age limit is different from the FILA age limit for this event. I believe the FILA age limit is 27 or 28.

bigG

ZERO     POINT         ZERO         ZERO.

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to through life, son.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Tzargush has been around the block.

thequad

futurichguy, the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Todd

Konquest

This tournament was anyone 28 and under.  Russia sent their #1's as a warmup for worlds...

bigG

Can't blame 'em for that. Still, a very good experience for Taylor.

OldAbes72

The fact that nobody is lighting quad up right now just shows the level of respect that everyone on this forum has for him. Unless he is being quite the jokester right now and I missed it.

bigG

Todd

Quote from: OldAbes72 on July 17, 2013, 11:04:04 AM
The fact that nobody is lighting quad up right now just shows the level of respect that everyone on this forum has for him. Unless he is being quite the jokester right now and I missed it.

Or people were willing to ignore what he said not giving it attention until you posted.

OldAbes72

Sorry Todd. Just a little joshing around. Rough day at the office?  :oI only know of quad from here and find his story truly inspiring, as do many others, hence the respect comment. Just trying to have a little fun. But, quad, if i offended you by pointing out your lack of knowledge of animal house quotes i am sorry, feel free to ring me up. I know nothing about Monty python, Indiana jones, Star Wars or Star Trek. Feel free to bash away.