We stole this dude

Started by Ghetto, June 12, 2013, 10:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

No matter what happens with Zach Greinke, we stole Jean Segura from the Angels. How the heck could they just give this guy away?

I know he's not going to hit .340 for his lifetime, but even if he dips to .280 and can play the field, he's an all-star. He's got great speed and hits the ball on the screws when he hits it. He's a better fielding, though less powerful, version of a young Rickie Weeks.

His stats right now:

.340 average, 8 triples, 9 HR, 86 hits in 63 games. He leads the league in hits and has 19 stolen bases.

The guy is definitely the MVP of the Brewers at this point.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

"This page intentionally left blank".

littleguy301

Juan and Mike Trout were the 2 players in the Angles minor league system that were untouchable. I thought this was an awesome trade and I also thought the Brewers would get Zack back.

Though the agent for Juan will NOT take a long term deal meaning I think Juan is gone in a few years :'(
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Segura can't become a free agent until I think at least 2016

Houndhead

The price the Angels paid for a two month rental of Greinke was enormous. Johnny Hellweg and Ariel Pena will both pitch in the majors at some point. Great job Doug Melvin. Lets hope A-ram starts hitting so we can get something for him. 

Ghetto

+1 on both

Ramirez needs to be on a contender. He's so clutch when he needs to be. If the Brewers aren't in the race, let the man go play with a winner.

And fleece someone at the same time for more young players. :D

Houndhead

A decision will need to be made on Cory Hart before the trade deadline also. I think that he will be resigned, but if management doesn't think it will happen, they need to get what they can for him. K-rod is pitching well enough to bring a return at the trade deadline also.

DrSnide

Here's a nice MLB  story on Segura.  Favorite part is Ramirez calling him a "7 tool" player and of course Uecker's line of six hits being a good two months for him.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Ghetto

Hart is gonna have to go white hot out of the box to have real value. Not sure he is the first baseman of the future tho. He can't go back in the OF. Wayyyyy too slow.

Not sure Krod has much value either. He was available and no one touched him in the off season.

Ghetto

Quote from: DrSnide on June 16, 2013, 08:29:52 PM
Here's a nice MLB  story on Segura.  Favorite part is Ramirez calling him a "7 tool" player and of course Uecker's line of six hits being a good two months for him.

That's a short story.  ;D

DrSnide

Quote from: Ghetto on June 16, 2013, 08:33:18 PM
Quote from: DrSnide on June 16, 2013, 08:29:52 PM

That's a short story.  ;D

HAHA.  Let's try again.

http://www.brewcrewball.com/2013/6/11/4418434/mlb-network-alanna-rizzo-jean-segura
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Houndhead

Quote from: Ghetto on June 16, 2013, 08:32:17 PM
Hart is gonna have to go white hot out of the box to have real value. Not sure he is the first baseman of the future tho. He can't go back in the OF. Wayyyyy too slow.

Not sure Krod has much value either. He was available and no one touched him in the off season.

If Krod continues to be able to get guys out like he has been, he will have value to a contender. He could help the Reds bullpen right now.

dietac

Quote from: Ghetto on June 16, 2013, 12:39:53 PM
Segura can't become a free agent until I think at least 2016

Actually, he can't become a free agent until 2019.  He could still sign a long term deal since he'll be making less than a million per year through 2015 and he's year to year, meaning that if he blows out his knee tomorrow, he has no guaranteed money after this year.  That's how the Brewers got Braun to sign such a team friendly deal... Braun took the guarantee over the huge payday down the road that may never have come.
George "The Animal" Steele