Good Job Wisconsin Schoolboy Greco Teams

Started by nutman, June 07, 2013, 04:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nutman

Wisconsin is competing with two schoolboy teams at nationals this year in Indianapolis as outlined in the new format on WWF.  

The new rules are in effect with 2 3-minute periods.  

Individuals earn points for their team as follows:  5 points for pins.  4 points for techs.   3 points for decisions.  1 point for scoring and not getting pinned in a losing effort.
Both teams battled and represented us well!

Yesterday and Today Started the National Team Greco Tournament with preliminary pools yesterday.  Preliminary pool placement qualified state teams for Gold, Bronze, or Red Championship Pools.

Wisconsin Red qualified for the Gold Pool Placements based on their finish in preliminary pool results then took 3rd in Greco.  They lost to Pennsylvania 38-41 in a great battle just missing the championship match.  Wisconsin came back to beat Washington 47-26 to take third in the final placement match.  Pennsylvania then went on to beat Illinois 39-36 for first.  Wisconsin Red went 6-2 over the two days.

Wisconsin White qualified for the Bronze Pool Placements based on their finish in preliminary pool results then took 4th in the Bronze Championships.  On their way to 4th they knocked off Oklahoma Red and Kansas Silver before falling to Iowa 37-42 in a good 3rd place battle.  New Jersey was the winner of the bronze Championship Bracket.  Wisconsin White went 5-4.

Missouri won the Red Championship Bracket.

There were some exciting matches.  Many have been broadcast on themat.com  More details about matches can be found on trackwrestling.com

It starts all over tomorrow with Freestyle...Great Job Wisconsin!  Good Luck Tomorrow.

SP

Wisconsin placed 3rd AND 12th in Greco. Great job by both teams today. The first team lost duals by a total of 6 points I believe. The second team had a rematch with Utah and closed the gap from the previous meet. Both place matches came down to the big guys needing wins or pins.

The kids represented themselves with class and they competed hard. They are making friends and really wrestling as Team Wisconsin.

Great to see, the future for Wisconsin wrestling looks great.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

mike

Great job Wisconsin beating Washington for 3rd place.  From what I understand this is Wisconsins highest finish ever in Greco at schoolboy duals.  on Wisconsin!

Good luck in freestyle

SPECIAL ED

I think it was 2005 that Wisconsin won the Schoolboy Greco title. They beat Pennsylvania in the finals.
Ug, Home, and Lone, the Lee sisters!
-Bob Uecker

SPECIAL ED

Did a little research and here is the Championship Final Match!
Results By Weight
CHAMPIONSHIP DUALS
1st Place
Wisconsin-WI (8-0) def. Pennsylvania Rooster Boosters-PARB (8-1), 41-35
70 - Justin Mudlaff-WI Dec. Greg Rinker-PARB 8-2 3-1
75 - Rossi Bruno-WI Dec. Matthew Prestifippo-PARB 6-1 6-2
80 - Jesse Thielke-WI T.F. Brendan Kennelly-PARB 10-0 10-2
85 - Nico Megaludis-PARB Dec. Joey Immekus-WI 8-0 10-5
90 - Garth Mahosky-PARB T.F. Josh Hall-WI 10-0 10-9
95 - Travis McKillop-PARB Dec. Cameron Drier-WI 6-3 11-12
100 - Marsahall Peppleman-PARB T.F. Brayden Weinke-WI 11-1 12-16
105 - Josh Kindig-PARB Dec. Derek Olson-WI 5-0 12-19
110 - Dylan Alton-PARB Pinned Logan Einerson-WI Fall 1:05 12-23
115 - Andrew Alton-PARB Pinned Justin Enderby-WI Fall 0:36 12-27
120 - Cody Stichman-WI Dec. Dirk Cowburn-PARB 5-4 15-28
125 - Ryan Kemmerer-PARB Dec. Kalvin York-WI 4-2 16-31
130 - Ben Best-WI T.F. Matthew Cunningham-PARB 12-0 20-31
145 - Lance Arendt-WI T.F. Michael Evans-PARB 13-3 24-32
165 - Jackson Hein-WI Dec. Matthew Transue-PARB 7-1 27-33
185 - PJ Krueger-WI Pinned Joe McElhinney-PARB Fall 0:42 31-33
205 - Trevor Spude-WI Dec. Zachary Zimmerman-PARB 5-4 34-34
225 - Alex Polizzi-WI Pinned Ben Ancheff-PARB Fall 0:21 38-34
250 - Nikola Bogojevic-WI Dec. Evan Craig-PARB 9-1 41-35
Ug, Home, and Lone, the Lee sisters!
-Bob Uecker

bigoil

Wow, those are some impressive names on both sides, I guess Greco isn't too bad of an indicator at schoolboy age.

Mommabear

I wish I would have read Nutman's post during the duals for scoring clarification...

My son qualified for the Wisconsin white team. It was an honor for him to represent Team Wisconsin.  He had a blast at the tourney and with his teammates.  I wanted to thank all the coaches, especially the White team coaches, who did an awesome job with the kids!  They really got into the matches and got the kids excited to wrestle. Also, thank you to The Dows and Models and everyone else who provided food and helped arrange everything so the boys were taken care of so well.  Wisconsin wrestling is blessed to have the families that we do.