Started by TomM, May 15, 2013, 07:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

woody53

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

Ghetto

But here we go. He's doing it now. Let's get on board.

How about some specifics? Are he and the coaching staff going to travel? Or are we expected to come to Madison? Will there be online information and videos, like flowrestling, or is it only available if you show up?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bkraus

What other WI coaches are going to be involved in this?
Strive for Perfection

dman

dad 2 5

Should be fun to watch this unfold and rally the state together.

imnofish

Sounds like a step in the right direction.  Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

billymurphy

Barry clearly feels strongly about the issue.  Wisconsin has many tiny little cities spread all over the state so we all know that his execution of the task is not nearly as easy as it sounds.  I would say people like Askren and Black have already put this plan in motion though as they are already doing their part.

imnofish

Yes Billy; those guys have put "a" plan in motion by doing "their part."  What remains to be seen is how those plans and actions contribute to the overall plan for advancing the sport statewide.  I certainly hope they have a place at the table, when it comes to formulating, coordinating, and enacting statewide strategies. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

imnofish

Quote from: coconut joe on May 17, 2013, 04:20:32 PM
Quote from: imnofish on May 17, 2013, 03:14:37 PM
Yes Billy; those guys have put "a" plan in motion by doing "their part."  What remains to be seen is how those plans and actions contribute to the overall plan for advancing the sport statewide.  I certainly hope they have a place at the table, when it comes to formulating, coordinating, and enacting statewide strategies. 

What are you trying to say here?  Are you knocking Ben and Kevin?

What?  No way!  They are doing great things for Wisconsin Wrestling!  My point is that Barry's plan for Wisconsin will probably have a different overall structure (We don't have the details, yet.) but I am hoping that these two guys' ideas will be part of the overall plan.