2 players that should be sitting indefinately

Started by Todd, May 14, 2013, 09:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Quote from: Todd on May 17, 2013, 08:23:58 AM
Is McGee in Japan as well?  Yes I was joking about TPlush, that guy was aweful and unstable.

McGhee is hitting .396 in Japan
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Houndhead

Quote from: Todd on May 16, 2013, 04:03:09 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on May 15, 2013, 06:40:03 AM
Quote from: Todd on May 14, 2013, 10:45:03 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on May 14, 2013, 10:43:29 PM
The Brewers are on the hook with Weeks until 2015 at the tune of like 9.5 million per. He has to produce. No one will trade for him at that price, and he can't sit at that price either.

Axford got $5 million this year. Nothing guaranteed for next. 

The Brewers have to make a decision on K rod by Thursday. Maybe his call up will be the end for Axford.  Likely they'll drop one of the younger guys to AAA.

If Weeks gets hot and has one of his half season comebacks can they trade him?  Get his numbers up then cut bait!

So you want him to sit on the bench indefinitely and get his numbers up so we can trade him? Makes sense.  Todd logic.

Just because you hate  my political view, doesn't mean you need to be a jerk in the sports forum too.  If you look, I was responding to Ghettos reply that we are on the hook so we really need to play him.  I agree, and hopefully he'll get hot and they can trade him away.

Sorry, my bad. I failed to grasp that when you started a thread with the title "2 players that should be sitting indefinitely", you actually meant they should keep playing. Not sure how I screwed that up. I will try not to let it happen again.

Houndhead

So, Axford now has 19 scoreless outings in a row, and Rickie Weeks is one of the brewers hottest hitters. It is time to send Scooter back down so Rickie can play everyday and maybe someone will want him by the trade deadline.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

Weeks when hot can carry the Brewers. Still not a big Axford guy.

Genett had his shot for now, and he just couldn't hit. He's got a lot of years ahead of him.

Houndhead

Quote from: Ghetto on June 25, 2013, 11:12:16 AM
Weeks when hot can carry the Brewers. Still not a big Axford guy.

Genett had his shot for now, and he just couldn't hit. He's got a lot of years ahead of him.

I don't think Gennett has been terrible, and would probably come around if he played everyday. I just think Weeks needs to play everyday if they have any thoughts of trading him. The thing with Weeks is even when his average is at .220, his on base percentage is still one of the best on the team. Plus he provides a power threat without Braun and Hart in the line up.

velcroe

What can we get if we trade Maldonado, Betancourt, and Francisco (all under .205).  I would even throw in .228 hitter Schaefer who has as much power as a junior high girl.  3 fat guys who cant run or hit. 

Houndhead

Quote from: velcroe on June 25, 2013, 01:15:24 PM
What can we get if we trade Maldonado, Betancourt, and Francisco (all under .205).  I would even throw in .228 hitter Schaefer who has as much power as a junior high girl.  3 fat guys who cant run or hit. 

A bag of balls and some eye black.

Houndhead

Too bad the Brewers had a chance to tie the game last night and did not have a better option than Yuni at the plate. Yuni had a great 3 week run but has regressed to the player he has always been, which is not worthy of a roster spot.

Ghetto

Quote from: Houndhead on June 27, 2013, 07:28:09 AM
Too bad the Brewers had a chance to tie the game last night and did not have a better option than Yuni at the plate. Yuni had a great 3 week run but has regressed to the player he has always been, which is not worthy of a roster spot.

+1

Let the kids play. Let Francisco and Betancort go. Let our young guys get a chance to play meaningful games in the major leagues.

Houndhead

Quote from: Todd on May 14, 2013, 09:27:05 PM
Ricky Weeks and John Axford.  It's not even that these guys aren't helping the team they actually are hurting the team and in the case of Axford, when he hurts the team he costs the team the game.  If I was as bad at my job as Axford is, I'd be fired and rightfully so.  The guy has a couple things he has to do.  Pitch one inning and don't give up runs. 

I long for the old days when Krod and Axford were Battling it out for the closer position.  Now no one really wants it and Axford doesn't deserve a spot on this roster.  When does Krod get here?

Ricky Weeks was in the game why tonight?  He pinch hit why yesterday?  Ugh.  If you're going to sit him, sit him.  Weeks lives on a 1/2 season of great baseball and one All Star Bid.  After that he's been nothing but either terribly awful, inconsistent or hurt. 

Ok, I'm done and I feel better.  Thanks.

Sports are entertaining, sports are entertaining, sports are entertaining.   ;D

Do you stand by your assertion that Axford and Weeks should sit indefinately?

Todd

Quote from: Houndhead on July 01, 2013, 01:26:55 PM
Ricky Weeks and John Axford.  It's not even that these guys aren't helping the team they actually are hurting the team and in the case of Axford, when he hurts the team he costs the team the game.  If I was as bad at my job as Axford is, I'd be fired and rightfully so.  The guy has a couple things he has to do.  Pitch one inning and don't give up runs. 

I long for the old days when Krod and Axford were Battling it out for the closer position.  Now no one really wants it and Axford doesn't deserve a spot on this roster.  When does Krod get here?

Ricky Weeks was in the game why tonight?  He pinch hit why yesterday?  Ugh.  If you're going to sit him, sit him.  Weeks lives on a 1/2 season of great baseball and one All Star Bid.  After that he's been nothing but either terribly awful, inconsistent or hurt. 

I guess that's why I don't get paid the big bucks in baseball.  I think they should get what they can out of Weeks and deal him.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Houndhead

Quote from: Todd on July 01, 2013, 01:30:19 PM

I guess that's why I don't get paid the big bucks in baseball.  I think they should get what they can out of Weeks and deal him.

Weeks is a guy that I have always rooted for. He is a likeable player, and from all accounts one of the hardest workers on the team. I understand why fans want to see him leave. The prolonged slumps get old fast. I think they should trade him if they can get a good deal done. I don't think they should trade him just for the sake of getting rid of him. He is one of those guys that will be a perenial all-star when he is on another team. He can always be trade bait again next year after we are out of the race.

Todd

Quote from: Houndhead on July 01, 2013, 01:45:46 PM
Quote from: Todd on July 01, 2013, 01:30:19 PM

Weeks is a guy that I have always rooted for. He is a likeable player, and from all accounts one of the hardest workers on the team. I understand why fans want to see him leave. The prolonged slumps get old fast. I think they should trade him if they can get a good deal done. I don't think they should trade him just for the sake of getting rid of him. He is one of those guys that will be a perenial all-star when he is on another team. He can always be trade bait again next year after we are out of the race.

If there haven't been multiple years of injury/inconsistency I would agree with you.  Weeks had a great 1/2 year that got him into the All Star Game and that type play has not been seen since.  I hope he continues to hold his own do well and The Brewers get what they can.  I like him too but there are plenty of players I've liked that just weren't a good fit. 
"This page intentionally left blank".