2 players that should be sitting indefinately

Started by Todd, May 14, 2013, 09:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Ricky Weeks and John Axford.  It's not even that these guys aren't helping the team they actually are hurting the team and in the case of Axford, when he hurts the team he costs the team the game.  If I was as bad at my job as Axford is, I'd be fired and rightfully so.  The guy has a couple things he has to do.  Pitch one inning and don't give up runs. 

I long for the old days when Krod and Axford were Battling it out for the closer position.  Now no one really wants it and Axford doesn't deserve a spot on this roster.  When does Krod get here?

Ricky Weeks was in the game why tonight?  He pinch hit why yesterday?  Ugh.  If you're going to sit him, sit him.  Weeks lives on a 1/2 season of great baseball and one All Star Bid.  After that he's been nothing but either terribly awful, inconsistent or hurt. 

Ok, I'm done and I feel better.  Thanks.

Sports are entertaining, sports are entertaining, sports are entertaining.   ;D
"This page intentionally left blank".

Ghetto

It's downright painful to watch those two right now. They both have either lost it physically, or more likely, have such huge mental blocks that they can't perform.

What do you do with Weeks? IDK. Do you let him ride the bench? You obviously need to figure things out with him, because when hot, he's so dangerous. Scooter Ginnett keeps playing well, but even at his best, he's nowhere near the talent level of Weeks. His production might be better however.

Get the lead runner on and nothing in the 10th. Ugh.

I think you stick with Weeks for the rest of the month. That's a ton of time to get right. The Brewers are still hanging on, and you never know what might happen later on down the road.

Axford can go. I just can't do it anymore. His command of his breaking pitch is almost non existent. And when that's gone, he's batting practice.

Lohse can't catch a break. The guy struggled once, but still held it together, and they didn't win. He leaves them with I think his sixth quality start but isn't getting wins.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

Quote from: Ghetto on May 14, 2013, 09:36:10 PM
It's downright painful to watch those two right now. They both have either lost it physically, or more likely, have such huge mental blocks that they can't perform.

What do you do with Weeks? IDK. Do you let him ride the bench? You obviously need to figure things out with him, because when hot, he's so dangerous. Scooter Ginnett keeps playing well, but even at his best, he's nowhere near the talent level of Weeks. His production might be better however.

Get the lead runner on and nothing in the 10th. Ugh.

I think you stick with Weeks for the rest of the month. That's a ton of time to get right. The Brewers are still hanging on, and you never know what might happen later on down the road.

Axford can go. I just can't do it anymore. His command of his breaking pitch is almost non existent. And when that's gone, he's batting practice.

Lohse can't catch a break. The guy struggled once, but still held it together, and they didn't win. He leaves them with I think his sixth quality start but isn't getting wins.

Yeah, there's not much else you can do with Weeks other than the "wait and see if he comes around" because we got him.  At least he isn't blowing games like Axblow.  I feel bad for Lohse.  The guy has pitched well enough for a much better record and either he gets zero run support early in the season or the bullpen kills him.

Ghetto

The Brewers are on the hook with Weeks until 2015 at the tune of like 9.5 million per. He has to produce. No one will trade for him at that price, and he can't sit at that price either.

Axford got $5 million this year. Nothing guaranteed for next. 

The Brewers have to make a decision on K rod by Thursday. Maybe his call up will be the end for Axford.  Likely they'll drop one of the younger guys to AAA.

Todd

Quote from: Ghetto on May 14, 2013, 10:43:29 PM
The Brewers are on the hook with Weeks until 2015 at the tune of like 9.5 million per. He has to produce. No one will trade for him at that price, and he can't sit at that price either.

The Brewers have to make a decision on K rod by Thursday. Maybe his call up will be the end for Axford.  Likely they'll drop one of the younger guys to AAA.

If Weeks gets hot and has one of his half season comebacks can they trade him?  Get his numbers up then cut bait!

Houndhead

Quote from: Todd on May 14, 2013, 10:45:03 PM

If Weeks gets hot and has one of his half season comebacks can they trade him?  Get his numbers up then cut bait!

So you want him to sit on the bench indefinitely and get his numbers up so we can trade him? Makes sense.  Todd logic.

bkraus

I think they should play the both of them until they work it out, at least through the St Louis series!   ;)
Strive for Perfection

Todd

Quote from: Houndhead on May 15, 2013, 06:40:03 AM
Quote from: Todd on May 14, 2013, 10:45:03 PM

So you want him to sit on the bench indefinitely and get his numbers up so we can trade him? Makes sense.  Todd logic.

Just because you hate  my political view, doesn't mean you need to be a jerk in the sports forum too.  If you look, I was responding to Ghettos reply that we are on the hook so we really need to play him.  I agree, and hopefully he'll get hot and they can trade him away.

Todd

Quote from: bkraus on May 15, 2013, 10:28:29 AM

I think they should play the both of them until they work it out, at least through the St Louis series!   ;)

Ha, funny.  Axford should not enter a game unless The Brewers are + or - 3 runs.  Let them work it out that way.

DrSnide

Quote from: Todd on May 16, 2013, 04:04:17 PM

The Brewers have to make a decision on K rod by Thursday. Maybe his call up will be the end for Axford.  Likely they'll drop one of the younger guys to AAA.

I think they should play the both of them until they work it out, at least through the St Louis series!   ;)

Ha, funny.  Axford should not enter a game unless The Brewers are + or - 3 runs.  Let them work it out that way.

Oh I would go 5 runs.  I've seen Ax burn through 3 run leads pretty quickly.

But hey, we got K-Rod coming back.  First Yuni, now K-rod, its like all my Brewer nightmares are coming back.  Hopefully it works as well as Yunni did the first month and a half at least.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Todd

Quote from: DrSnide on May 16, 2013, 04:07:06 PM
Quote from: Todd on May 16, 2013, 04:04:17 PM

The Brewers have to make a decision on K rod by Thursday. Maybe his call up will be the end for Axford.  Likely they'll drop one of the younger guys to AAA.

I think they should play the both of them until they work it out, at least through the St Louis series!   ;)

Ha, funny.  Axford should not enter a game unless The Brewers are + or - 3 runs.  Let them work it out that way.

Oh I would go 5 runs.  I've seen Ax burn through 3 run leads pretty quickly.

But hey, we got K-Rod coming back.  First Yuni, now K-rod, its like all my Brewer nightmares are coming back.  Hopefully it works as well as Yunni did the first month and a half at least.

How about bringing back T-Plush?

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Quote from: littleguy301 on May 16, 2013, 08:37:57 PM
Cannt spell Weeks without 2 E's and a K!

Hahahahahhahahahah!

T Plush is hitting .132 in Japan. I'm guessing he's played his last game in any MLB uniform, Todd. I know you were joking however.

Casey McGehee is hitting almost .400 however. I'm sure he'll be on someone else's roster next season.

littleguy301

I liked Casey McGhee, maybe not the most talented player but he was a worker and I respected that.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Todd

Is McGee in Japan as well?  Yes I was joking about TPlush, that guy was aweful and unstable.