Starters need to step up and start pulling their wt!!!!!

Started by boowrestle, May 12, 2013, 12:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boowrestle

Besides Lohse's starts for the most part the offense has been doing their part(minus Weeks!!!).The starters need to go deeper into the games and give the bullpen a break,5/6 innings isnt going to cut it!!!Pretty sure you are going to see Fiers and K-rod back up soon to try and help out hopefully couple of our younger starters will get chance soon.We need a couple starters that can challenge hitters instead of getting up in the count then trying to nibble all the time,bring the young power pitchers up cannot do any worse!!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

Ghetto

I think Fiers will be back on the roster too, in long relief. They need a guy to mop up, spot start, or go two in innings when the starter only goes 5.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Houndhead

Quote from: boowrestle on May 12, 2013, 12:01:07 PM
Besides Lohse's starts for the most part the offense has been doing their part(minus Weeks!!!).The starters need to go deeper into the games and give the bullpen a break,5/6 innings isnt going to cut it!!!Pretty sure you are going to see Fiers and K-rod back up soon to try and help out hopefully couple of our younger starters will get chance soon.We need a couple starters that can challenge hitters instead of getting up in the count then trying to nibble all the time,bring the young power pitchers up cannot do any worse!!!

Who are these young power pitchers you would like to bring up? Peralta and Burgos are the best upper level prospects in the Brewers system. Tyler Thornburg is 0-4 with a 5.59 era and Johnny Hellweg is 1-4 with a 4.41 era at Nashville. Jimmy Nelson is probably the top guy in the minors, and he hasn't pitched above AA yet.

Todd

I'm tired of people calling YoGo an Ace!  On what planet does an Ace have a 4.70 era.  On what planet does an ace provide the inconsistency of starts YoGo does? 

This team has proven they can beat up on The hapless Cubbies and awful Pirates at Miller Park but that's about it. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

mat time

Quote from: Todd on May 12, 2013, 10:45:19 PM
I'm tired of people calling YoGo an Ace!  On what planet does an Ace have a 4.70 era.  On what planet does an ace provide the inconsistency of starts YoGo does? 

This team has proven they can beat up on The hapless Cubbies and awful Pirates at Miller Park but that's about it. 
+1
Yo looks like he is consistently flustered on the mound.

I think Burgos just got too flustered at his poor defense behind him in that 2nd inning. He just couldn't settle down.

But i am sick of watching Weeks kill rallies with Ks and double plays. sit him or send him to minors.(i would think he has options left) . they are going to be in such a hole by June again.
Gold medals aren

Todd

Quote from: mat time on May 12, 2013, 11:34:12 PM
Quote from: Todd on May 12, 2013, 10:45:19 PM

+1
Yo looks like he is consistently flustered on the mound.

I think Burgos just got too flustered at his poor defense behind him in that 2nd inning. He just couldn't settle down.

But i am sick of watching Weeks kill rallies with Ks and double plays. sit him or send him to minors.(i would think he has options left) . they are going to be in such a hole by June again.

The 1/2 a season greatness that Ricky had is over.  His one year as an all star is over.  Time to sit him.

Todd

Sigh, different starter same ole crappy result.  Yo gives up 8 runs before leaving the game in what 3 innings?  Awful pathetic pitching crew.