Ruschell at Northern Plains Qualifier May 9th - 11th

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, May 09, 2013, 10:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: hammen on May 12, 2013, 07:59:09 AM
Side note for those who didn't check out the bracket on trackwrestling yet - Dardanes beat Jason Chamberlain in the semis.

I see Chamberlain is ranked 5th in the freestyle rankings, so that is impressive to win this tournament.  Kyle did not wrestle for almost a year, and it now appears he is back in contention and has shaken off the so called rust.  I think all of these extra matches he got in this tournament will help at the World Team Trials.

Does anyone know the format of the Trials?  Is it a challenge tournament and the winner faces the winner of the US Open?

By the way, I wonder if Grapplemom was there and took any pictures ? :-)
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

badgerjohn

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 13, 2013, 09:27:03 AM
Quote from: hammen on May 12, 2013, 07:59:09 AM
Side note for those who didn't check out the bracket on trackwrestling yet - Dardanes beat Jason Chamberlain in the semis.

I see Chamberlain is ranked 5th in the freestyle rankings, so that is impressive to win this tournament.  Kyle did not wrestle for almost a year, and it now appears he is back in contention and has shaken off the so called rust.  I think all of these extra matches he got in this tournament will help at the World Team Trials.

Does anyone know the format of the Trials?  Is it a challenge tournament and the winner faces the winner of the US Open?

By the way, I wonder if Grapplemom was there and took any pictures ? :-)

Yup, mom was there with both cameras.  Kyle looked good all day, only one time the ball grab (coin flip, the ref forgot his balls  :-\) was used; 2nd period against Montell Marion.  The only points Kyle surrendered all day were 3 gimme take downs against Dardanes after Kyle was ahead 4-0, otherwise I don't think he would have given up any of the three based on his performance the other nine periods.

Side note; Dusty Jentz and Jens Lantz looked good all day long also.
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

TLV

Wow! He smoked Marion big time. Very impressive.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin