Anti Virus Program

Started by Kjohnson, April 28, 2013, 05:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

Which one do you use. I was using McAfee and I still am getting a lot of viruses. Changed over to AVG.

If I buy a Mac, do I need virus protection?

TomM

I have had a good experience with Kaspersky for almost three years. 
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

Quote from: Kjohnson on April 28, 2013, 05:00:41 PM

Which one do you use. I was using McAfee and I still am getting a lot of viruses. Changed over to AVG.

If I buy a Mac, do I need virus protection?

Never had virus protection on any of my Macs from 1995 to today
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Roo

Many of my larger Customers use Microsoft security essentials...it's a free download. I figured if they use it for their Company's computer security it would be good enough for me. I've been using it for 3 years now and IMO it's better than any of the others I've used, MacAfee, Kapersky, BitDefender etc.  and it's free.

TomM

Quote from: Roo on April 30, 2013, 09:22:27 AM
Many of my larger Customers use Microsoft security essentials...it's a free download. I figured if they use it for their Company's computer security it would be good enough for me. I've been using it for 3 years now and IMO it's better than any of the others I've used, MacAfee, Kapersky, BitDefender etc.  and it's free.

'Microsoft security essentials' has been recommended to me as well.  Started using Kaspersky because it came in bundle with laptop.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Roo

The other benefit I noticed is that it doesn't seem to slow down your computer like the others do.  It's found more malicious stuff than any of the others did IMO.