Sniff, sniff...

Started by Todd, April 24, 2013, 02:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Are those some George Webb Burgers I smell??
"This page intentionally left blank".

Ghetto

Yeeeehaw! Cheap burgers!
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

3 more wins, they'll be so cheap they'll be free.  Last time that happened I was 17 and at that game Easter Sunday, I believe Dale Sveum hit the winning homer to get that 12th game.  It was also a birthday gift from my mom so that was doubley sweet.  Unfortunately The Crew also went on some terrible 15 or so game losing streak that season as well.  Someone had an unbelievable hitting streak too so it was a season of ups and downs. 

If they can do it again, it will occur on Saturday while they're on the road.

bigoil

Todd

I think Deer had a 15 game hitting streak but it was Molitor that season with 35 game hitting streak. 

bigoil

Quote from: Todd on April 24, 2013, 04:54:32 PM
I think Deer had a 15 game hitting streak but it was Molitor that season with 35 game hitting streak. 

Deer is famous for hitting the game-tying home run on Easter Sunday in 1987.

bigoil

For many Brewers fans, the most memorable home run in club history came from Sveum. His Easter Sunday heroics have become almost legendary over the years.

littleguy301

Rob Deer, now that is a guy I enjoyed!

He was one of only a few major leagues to have more RBI's than hits in a season and I believe he did it twice if not 3 times.

So when he got a hit, it counted. Or should we say, he hit when there was men in scoring position ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Todd

Whoops, so much for the burgers!  It's ok though as long as they don't go on a 15 game losing streak. 

Yep I remember RD and DS big hits on that Easter Sunday, one of my fondest memories of baseball.

Ghetto

From what I saw on the replays, the Brewers got hosed on that call last night. If they go on a three game losing streak, that umpire needs to buy Milwaukee some burgers!!  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

Quote from: Ghetto on April 25, 2013, 12:36:34 PM
From what I saw on the replays, the Brewers got hosed on that call last night. If they go on a three game losing streak, that umpire needs to buy Milwaukee some burgers!!  ;D

No, if The Crew win the next 2 games that Ump owes the burgers.  I agree they got hosed on the call but their defense was lacking last night.