Tyler Graff Beats Logan Stieber !!

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, April 22, 2013, 12:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Hey I think this deserves a separate topic !!

Outstanding job Tyler ....
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Ghetto

Graff is just sick on his feet, no doubt. Big win for him.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

CLC FAN

Graff is an animal on his feet.  He definitely seems more suited for freestyle's rules.  No stalling points, riding is de-emphasized, etc... 

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: CLC FAN on April 22, 2013, 03:10:21 PM
Graff is an animal on his feet.  He definitely seems more suited for freestyle's rules.  No stalling points, riding is de-emphasized, etc... 

I agree with the first part !! :-)
Kirk Nelson

dad 2 5

Great work! He has a huge upside and glad he is a Badger!!!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

When was the last time a Wisconsin Badger wrestler beat a 2 time NCAA D1 Champ ? When Lee Kemp defeated Dan Gable?
Kirk Nelson

hammen

zugzoo

Quote from: howaviYour reward for winning Sectionals: Weston Olund Merrill 11-2 12  vs Jesse Thielke Germantown 39-1 10

npope

Quote from: cubfan on April 23, 2013, 08:55:54 PM
Congrats Tyler

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/707240-3004-Graff-Stieber-194731

Thanks for the link! While I think freestyle and folk are sufficiently different that one can't extrapolate too much from a win in one style, one thing is for sure - Graff can be cat-quick and opportunitistic. He sure made Stieber look "human."
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Ghetto

I'd agree that the two aren't the same. Graff can't hold Steiber down in a folkstyle match for an extended period of time.

But in this instance, who cares? He beat Steiber.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

dman

I disagree with the whole thing that freestyle is so different that you can't extrapolate folkstyle results.  I think it shows that Graff can beat Stieber....period.  Not saying he will....although I hope he does....but it shows he is completely capable of beating him in folkstyle.

wrestler133

Nice Work.
He can beat him in the NCAA next year too!  And Ramos as well!

npope

Quote from: dman on April 24, 2013, 12:48:55 PM
I disagree with the whole thing that freestyle is so different that you can't extrapolate folkstyle results.  I think it shows that Graff can beat Stieber....period.  Not saying he will....although I hope he does....but it shows he is completely capable of beating him in folkstyle.

Have you seen Stieber on top? He only had about 10 seconds on top of Graff during that freestyle match; he will have at least two minutes on top in folkstyle. That's a whole nuther skill set that Stieber didn't hardly get to use in this freestyle match because he only got one takedown with only a couple of seconds in the period. He's incredibly good on top.

Glad to see Graff get the win and hope it serves as a launching pad for the next season; would dearly love to see Graf put down both Ramos and Stieber next year.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

hammen

Quote from: npope on April 24, 2013, 01:31:12 PM
Quote from: dman on April 24, 2013, 12:48:55 PM

Have you seen Stieber on top? He only had about 10 seconds on top of Graff during that freestyle match; he will have at least two minutes on top in folkstyle. That's a whole nuther skill set that Stieber didn't hardly get to use in this freestyle match because he only got one takedown with only a couple of seconds in the period. He's incredibly good on top.

Glad to see Graff get the win and hope it serves as a launching pad for the next season; would dearly love to see Graf put down both Ramos and Stieber next year.

Unless we don't choose bottom, and Stieber decides to take down for his choice. Then it's the Tyler Graff Takedown Show!