Starting to look like its all coming together.

Started by boowrestle, April 21, 2013, 09:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boowrestle

Its amazing how different a team can look when all 3 phases of a team start to come together.Although offense is spotty at time,add that to starters and relievers=pretty good results.JMO,i would braun or lucroy into the #4 spot,put Weeks in either #5or 6 spot,weeks himself is leaving way too many runs on the field and thats nightly!If pitching can hold up,this team will be right in it once Ramirez ans Hart are back in the lineup.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Houndhead

Too bad all things in baseball are streaky and next week it could look like they may never win another game.
Martin Maldanado had some great at bats last nite. I wouldn't mind seeing him get more time at 1st base until Hart returns, especially with the way Gonzales has been hitting. Betancourt actually seems to have a clue at the plate instead of swinging at every pitch.

mat time

If we are going to quote Major League, I'll go with "they're still Sh!##y". :P. This is the Cubs. I would like to see Maldonado at first batting 5th behind Lucroy. with Bettencourt and gonzalez platooning at third. Ricky must have gotten to about .112 last year before turning it up but this is getting horrible. Was impressed with Burgos though.
Gold medals aren

Houndhead

Quote from: mat time on April 21, 2013, 02:48:15 PM
If we are going to quote Major League, I'll go with "they're still Sh!##y". :P. This is the Cubs. I would like to see Maldonado at first batting 5th behind Lucroy. with Bettencourt and gonzalez platooning at third. Ricky must have gotten to about .112 last year before turning it up but this is getting horrible. Was impressed with Burgos though.

What kind of platoon do you suggest for 2 right-handed batters?

Ghetto

I like the idea of getting Maldonado in at 1st at least one day per week. Gives him some at bats he wouldn't otherwise get.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

mat time

Quote from: Houndhead on April 21, 2013, 03:16:07 PM
Quote from: mat time on April 21, 2013, 02:48:15 PM

What kind of platoon do you suggest for 2 right-handed batters?
letting them split time. not one to be sold on matchups all the time. if u can hit u can hit. Ramirez will he back soon and he isn't a switch hitter.
Gold medals aren

bigoil