Disgusting baseball

Started by bigoil, April 19, 2013, 10:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

What just happened?

No outs, 1st and 2nd. Weeks up to bat.

Segura on 2nd, Braun on 1st. Segura picked off runs back to 2nd, Braun is tagged out and segura runs back to first.

He had already stole 2nd once and then gets thrown out trying a second time. Weeks strikes out. 

Maybe a sac bunt would have been better....

Todd

That was weird.  Segura actually is credited with stealing 1st base.  It's a legal play.  Initially they said it should have been a double play.  Glad it didn't cost them because they were prime for some insurance runs.
"This page intentionally left blank".

bigoil

Quote from: Todd on April 20, 2013, 02:37:56 AM
That was weird.  Segura actually is credited with stealing 1st base.  It's a legal play.  Initially they said it should have been a double play.  Glad it didn't cost them because they were prime for some insurance runs.
Who said it was legal? TV guys were quoting a rule of going back to second, that never discussed going back one base. Roenicke said I don't think that was legal.

smitty71

What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

boowrestle

Not a MLB team out there that is going to bunt in that situation with 2 on,no outs and #4 hitter at the plate,big chance for big inning.JMO,Weeks killing us right now,he himself has cost the Brewers a ton of runs since been in #4 spot!Hurry back Ramirez!!!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

bigoil

Quote from: boowrestle on April 20, 2013, 10:04:24 AM
Not a MLB team out there that is going to bunt in that situation with 2 on,no outs and #4 hitter at the plate,big chance for big inning.JMO,Weeks killing us right now,he himself has cost the Brewers a ton of runs since been in #4 spot!Hurry back Ramirez!!!!
A) he isn't a # 4 hitter and B) they are up 1 in the bottom of the 8th. I believe there are several teams that would bunt (maybe not with a prince fielder #4 hitter but I bet Larussa would have).

littleguy301

Let me gets this straight, he was credited with stealing a base that he already had obtained yearly in the inning?

Sounds like padding the stats to me ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 20, 2013, 10:45:07 AM
Let me gets this straight, he was credited with stealing a base that he already had obtained yearly in the inning?

Sounds like padding the stats to me ;D

According to the box score he was only credited with one stolen base. It would have been neat if he had been safe on his 2nd attempt to steal second base.

boowrestle

Braun or Lucroy needs to be moved into #4 spot till Ramirez gets back.Oh and by the way I could care less what LaRussa would of done,should not have to bunt in that situation with 4,5,6 hitters coming up.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Ghetto

Still got the W. Thats all that matters.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

Quote from: howavi on April 20, 2013, 07:40:10 AM
Who said it was legal? TV guys were quoting a rule of going back to second, that never discussed going back one base. Roenicke said I don't think that was legal.

They later cited the rule book that it was legal with the way it happened.  The TV guys.

Todd

Quote from: Ghetto on April 20, 2013, 02:23:52 PM
Still got the W. Thats all that matters.

Five in a row baby.

bigoil

Quote from: Todd on April 20, 2013, 03:25:45 PM
Quote from: howavi on April 20, 2013, 07:40:10 AM

They later cited the rule book that it was legal with the way it happened.  The TV guys.

I know, and that did not apply in my opinion.