Eating Habits

Started by Kjohnson, April 19, 2013, 08:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

How many of you have my attitude towards food.

All You Can Eat Buffett means, I am going to eat ALL I can. Until I

Houndhead

Quote from: Kjohnson on April 19, 2013, 08:37:26 AM

How many of you have my attitude towards food.

Todd

Quote from: Kjohnson on April 19, 2013, 08:37:26 AM
"This page intentionally left blank".

Kjohnson

Quote from: futurerichguy on April 19, 2013, 10:01:41 AM
Anbody know of any good "eating challenges" here in WI?  I'm looking for a challenge where the meal is on the house if you finish it.

Man vs Food did a challenge in Milwaukee. Not sure where

Kjohnson

Anbody know of any good "eating challenges" here in WI?  I'm looking for a challenge where the meal is on the house if you finish it.

http://www.milwaukeefood.com/blog/?p=2526

isn't the internet wonderful? you can google anything

Houndhead

Anbody know of any good "eating challenges" here in WI?  I'm looking for a challenge where the meal is on the house if you finish it.

There was a place in Stevens Point that had a pizza challenge.

http://www.politospizza.com/monsterpizzacontest.asp

Man vs. Food did a burger challenge from somewhere near lambeau field also. It was the gravedigger burger in honor of Gilbert Brown.

Houndhead

Todd

Ward's House of Prime Wall of Fame.  You could be on it too.  I can't believe someone ate 168oz of meat let alone 40oz.  I would be sick!  2 women (from the charactures, thin ones) consumed 72 and 50oz respectfully! 

http://wardshouseofprime.com/wall-of-fame

Todd

Quote from: futurerichguy on April 19, 2013, 11:50:42 AM
Quote from: Todd on April 19, 2013, 11:29:36 AM
Ward's House of Prime Wall of Fame.  You could be on it too.  I can't believe someone ate 168oz of meat let alone 40oz.  I would be sick!  2 women (from the charactures, thin ones) consumed 72 and 50oz respectfully! 

http://wardshouseofprime.com/wall-of-fame
Thanks!  I just added this place to my bucket list.  40 oz. would be no problem for me.  The price, $63, would be the hard part.  That 168 oz cut is $230!

If you can eat it, it's well worth it!  I've been to Ward's and their Prime Rib is the 2nd best I've ever had, their Prongs were amazing and so is their steak.  Take a date though it's not cheap.

I didn't look too much into the challenge because I can't finish 20oz let alone 40 but isn't the deal, if you finish the challenge it's free, if not you have to pay?

Kjohnson

imnofish

I actually love Old Country Buffet because they have a great salad bar.  I make 3 trips: one to the salad bar, one for entrees and side dishes, and one for dessert.  The first is definitely the largest and the last one is definitely the smallest.  In between, I eat a lot more veggies than meat.  We only drink water.  My wife follows the same formula.  If we eat there, it is our only meal of the day, usually consumed mid-afternoon.  We call it "lupper" (lunch + supper).  
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Todd

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on April 19, 2013, 10:53:17 AM
Anbody know of any good "eating challenges" here in WI?  I'm looking for a challenge where the meal is on the house if you finish it.

There was a place in Stevens Point that had a pizza challenge.

http://www.politospizza.com/monsterpizzacontest.asp

Man vs. Food did a burger challenge from somewhere near lambeau field also. It was the gravedigger burger in honor of Gilbert Brown.

Years ago, some guys created their own (unofficial) pizza eating challenge at a restaurant in Chetek and one guy choked to death. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Kjohnson

Quote from: imnofish on April 20, 2013, 12:02:58 PM
I actually love Old Country Buffet because they have a great salad bar.  I make 3 trips: one to the salad bar, one for entries and side dishes, and one for dessert.  The first is definitely the largest and the last one is definitely the smallest.  In between, I eat a lot more veggies than meat.  We only drink water.  My wife follows the same formula.  If we eat there, it is our only meal of the day, usually consumed mid-afternoon.  We call it "lupper" (lunch + supper). 

I like ;)

littleguy301

When ever I hit those all you can eat jobbers I always have a plate with the salad bar on it! I always eat some veggies and such because my mom told me I should at a young age.

My weakness is the amount I can eat and I push it to the limits all the time, though not as much now as when I was in my 20's.

I have eaten 40oz of prime rib on a bet with the matching meals to boot.
5 big macs is the limit for me,,,6 1/2 that is amazing!!!!!
3 pounds of cheese curds in 20 minutes while driving home.
16 inch pizzas are the norm for me and the rest of the family has to order one for themselves.

Sorry guys,,,I will get off my horse and quite trying to sound all awesome and like a complete slob in the same breath.

And I wonder after the 3rd plate of food at those chinese joints the bring my check!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet